• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

big scenario
06-10-2017, 12:43 AM,
big scenario
Hi
I'am working on a big thing, a big scenario, the first week of the battle.

With the full map full units idem Panzer campaign.

I have a problem for the replacement , how I can change the param.exe to do this , espacially for the airborne units who recovery troops all along the first week.

When units walk all along day or night how increase the fatigue

thanks for your replies
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2017, 12:50 PM,
RE: big scenario
I am fairly sure replacements can't be set at all, they aren't used in the game. As you probably noted, the pdt editor doesn't expose the value, I don't think it is in the file.

For fatigue, if you want higher fatigue, see if the pdt editor has a setting for fatigue, I don't recall that one at all.

Good luck with your giant scenario, be interested to hear how long it takes to make it through a single day. A year maybe, at least when more units arrive?

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
06-10-2017, 03:32 PM,
RE: big scenario
(06-10-2017, 12:43 AM)ekebrev Wrote: Hi
I'am working on a big thing, a big scenario, the first week of the battle.

With the full map full units idem Panzer campaign.

I have a problem for the replacement , how I can change the param.exe to do this , espacially for the airborne units who recovery troops all along the first week.

When units walk all along day or night how increase the fatigue

thanks for your replies

Hi Ekebrev,

I think Ricky B is right, you can't, I could not find one either. You can change the fatigue factor, but at night it is the same in the day, the recovery is twice the rate at night. There is no night disruption to my knowledge like PzC.

In my experience you can run into trouble with anything longer than a day, or overnight because your units do not get replacements. It depend on a lot of other factors too.

The game works better with one day per scenario. You could set the strength you desire for each unit and set it up as a campaign with 7 scenarios (one for each day). That may work better. Depending on the scenario and unit density,  40+ turns will wear out most of the units in the game to a point where they are no longer effective on the combat tables for firing or assault.  I do not believe there is a mechanism to handle units that have been eliminated. It is normal for many of the defending units to suffer elimination (i.e removal from the game map, not destruction). With one scenario per day, you can bring back the eliminated units to fight again (because they didn't die, they ran, retreated) and fix your airborne recovery. 

Creating a linear campaign or a linked campaign may be what you're looking for. Hope this helps!

See you on the beach!
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris