• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Better readability of map and info windows
05-29-2017, 08:10 AM,
Better readability of map and info windows
Hey guys, 

another PzB (Normandy) newbie here and i kinda didn't even start properly yet. Perhaps this is my issue only but were there any plans to make another zoom level (above normal) to make map more readable with higher resolutions. I'm only on 2560x1440 (and 100% windows font size), but it would help a lot. I cannot imagine how hard it is to read the display on 4K monitors. The other thing is right click unit info window, where font size could easily be increased by at least 1/3 because with current size, it is barely readable even if it includes important info which could be on at all times. Right side of unit info window could have abbreviations (H, S, AV, AA, D, V) and have the same font size as original unit info window, that can be easily read. 

.png   PzBFontSize.png (Size: 380.08 KB / Downloads: 16)
Are the rest of you all sharpshooters with eagle eye vision?
Quote this message in a reply
05-29-2017, 10:56 AM,
RE: Better readability of map and info windows
Hi there and welcome,

If your running Windows 10, you have an additional option which I use on my 2560 monitor.

Check out this thread at the use of 'scaling' under display settings. The post on it is roughly half way down the page;

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...641&page=3

Let us know if you're running a non Windows 10 version.

David
05-30-2017, 03:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-30-2017, 03:21 AM by AndrejS.)
Thanks David for fast reply, i'm on Windows 7 still with no intention to switch to Win 10. I've tried lowering resolution down to fullhd and it 's not ok (you can never achieve the same clear view, picture is just to unsharp). I'm using the 27'' Dell U2715H monitor with Geforce GTX970 4GB graphic card. I'll try setting font size to 125% because info box is the least readable and hopefully it'll make it more eye friendly.
05-30-2017, 05:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-30-2017, 05:19 PM by Strela.)
(05-30-2017, 03:21 AM)AndrejS Wrote: Thanks David for fast reply, i'm on Windows 7 still with no intention to switch to Win 10. I've tried lowering resolution down to fullhd and it 's not ok (you can never achieve the same clear view, picture is just to unsharp). I'm using the 27'' Dell U2715H monitor with Geforce GTX970 4GB graphic card. I'll try setting font size to 125% because info box is the least readable and hopefully it'll make it more eye friendly.

Thanks - I have the same monitor and actually create the games on it - fortunately I have good glasses!!  Top Hat

Agree that if you use that monitor at anything other than the natural resolution its a waste of time. There are some workarounds including the ability to use 'Magnifier' in Windows 7 

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-7-...ips-tricks
http://lifehacker.com/5802134/shortcuts-...pplication

I don't have Windows 7 anymore having made the plunge on all my machines to Windows 10 and can as a previously diehard Windows 7 user can recommend you consider the upgrade.

David
05-31-2017, 08:14 AM,
Good glasses here too (Zeiss), but it's not that pleasant after 8+ hours of watching monitor screen to strain the eyes to be able to play the game. However strange it seems, magnifier can be arranged in a way that suits the purpose quite well, so i'll have to live with that. But the space, where important unit numbers are shown is really really cramped.

Regards,
Andrej
06-11-2017, 06:29 PM,
Don't want to open new thread, so i'll ask here.
Where can i check firing ranges of individual enemy units (something like X shortcut key for your units)? Doing it the hard way by learning from mistakes doesn't suit me, i'd rather have a "sheet of paper with numbers printed on it" and not step into a well positioned fire alley two hexes to close.

Thanks for your help.
06-11-2017, 10:48 PM,
(06-11-2017, 06:29 PM)AndrejS Wrote: Don't want to open new thread, so i'll ask here.
Where can i check firing ranges of individual enemy units (something like X shortcut key for your units)? Doing it the hard way by learning from mistakes doesn't suit me, i'd rather have a "sheet of paper with numbers printed on it" and not step into a well positioned fire alley two hexes to close.

Thanks for your help.

Run PBData - you will see all the ranges there.

There is nothing in game that will show enemy ranges...

David
06-12-2017, 12:41 AM,
(06-11-2017, 10:48 PM)Strela Wrote: Run PBData - you will see all the ranges there.
There is nothing in game that will show enemy ranges...

David

Yeah, that's what i was looking for and combined with PbOob, it covers everything. 

Thanks David.