• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

HQ numbers
05-27-2017, 11:29 AM,
HQ numbers
Went through the manual (8.3 section) and no where that I can find does the manual state what the HQ numbers mean when you are just in map mode.  If anyone can point me in the right direction?

[Image: HQ.jpg]
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
05-27-2017, 11:50 AM,
RE: HQ numbers
Actually what does the (5.0) beside Zhadov mean? I know the 7/45 is supply distance to rail head and HQ, correct?
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
05-27-2017, 01:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-27-2017, 01:36 PM by Gris.)
(05-27-2017, 11:50 AM)Weasel Wrote: Actually what does the (5.0) beside Zhadov mean?  I know the 7/45 is supply distance to rail head and HQ, correct?

I know the 7/45 is supply distance to rail head and HQ, correct?

Not entirely, see 7.6.4.Provision of HQ Support and Command Range

Game Play Info: The above type of HQ support using support squad ground elements should not be confused with headquarter units providing support units during combat (15.4) or supply tracing and receiving (20.4). 

Went through the manual (8.3 section) and no where that I can find does the manual state what the HQ numbers mean when you are just in map mode.  If anyone can point me in the right direction?

8.3 is Air Units HQ, not sure what you are looking for, maybe this?

See rules 5.2.3.Unit Bar & 7.6.2.Attachment of Combat Units to Headquarter Units and Command Capacity

For AirBase HQ, it is the number of subordinate Airbases.

Command Points: Lists current number of command points of attached units/command capacity for the HQ (HQ units only). You want to try and stay under, but it is not always possible.

Actually what does the (5.0) beside Zhadov mean?

the (5.0) beside Zhadov came out in a patch. See the What's New PDF. It is the leader's average stat, higher is better.

V1.08.00 – October 21, 2014 New features

Leader Stats

24. Made leaders more visible across the interface. Leader name and his average skill will be visible in the unit info box below the counter image. Leader rank, full name, his average skill and victory:defeat ratio will be visible in hex tooltip. Average skill is equal to the average of morale, admin, initiative, mech and infantry skills for land leaders, and to the average of morale, admin, initiative and air skills for air leaders. Also, leader rank will be visible in HQ unit detail screen. And finally, the names of leaders commanding in land battles (leaders assigned to the commanding HQs, one for each side) will now be visible in battle reports.

Hope this helps
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris
05-28-2017, 02:54 AM,
I meant 7.6.

I read all of your references before posting my question, I spent at least an hour going through the manual, none of those references state that the number beside the tank represent CP capacity and used amount.

Only after reading your explanation and then going through 5.2 again does it clarify what they are talking about. Very stupid trying to explain 3 totally different units in one paragraph.

So in my picture above the HQ has 14 CP attached with a preferred amount of 8.

Thanks once again. Stupid manual, very frustrating, makes me feel like a dolt!
05-28-2017, 06:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-28-2017, 06:11 AM by Gris.)
(05-28-2017, 02:54 AM)Weasel Wrote: I meant 7.6.

I read all of your references before posting my question, I spent at least an hour going through the manual, none of those references state that the number beside the tank represent CP capacity and used amount.  

Only after reading your explanation and then going through 5.2 again does it clarify what they are talking about.  Very stupid trying to explain 3 totally different units in one paragraph.

So in my picture above the HQ has 14 CP attached with a preferred amount of 8.

Thanks once again.  Stupid manual, very frustrating, makes me feel like a dolt!
Yes, that is correct. 

The manual is one of the most challenging puzzle games I have ever played  Big Grin 

I hope it gets a complete re-write someday. it sorely needs it. IMHO it is the largest obstacle (whether your new to the game or not) that the players face. Once you figure something out, you response is usually, that is easy. Without forums and guides it is frustrating. 

I knew the answer, and it took me 30 minutes to find it!
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris
05-29-2017, 02:48 AM,
Thanks once again my friend.

Well after watching the Germans sitting still for 4 turns the storm broke open, punching 3 holes into my lines, rescuing 2 panzer and a mechanized division which my poor fighting Russians could not force to surrender after all those turns, and generally opening the way to Moscow. However, winter is only 2 turns away, hurrah for the blizzard!
05-29-2017, 05:34 AM,
(05-29-2017, 02:48 AM)Weasel Wrote: Thanks once again my friend.

Well after watching the Germans sitting still for 4 turns the storm broke open, punching 3 holes into my lines, rescuing 2 panzer and a mechanized division which my poor fighting Russians could not force to surrender after all those turns, and generally opening the way to Moscow.  However, winter is only 2 turns away, hurrah for the blizzard!

Sounds like they were building up supplies to resume the offensive!