• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Germany as AI
10-31-2017, 03:01 PM,
RE: November 1942 turn 75
(10-31-2017, 11:49 AM)Weasel Wrote: Germany has now lost 18Pz divisions, 11 motorized and 23 infantry divisions, catastrophic losses.  I predict the game will be over by 1944 mid summer.  A total of 5682 AFVs have been destroyed, that is a 200% loss over their actual attack strength in 41.

What happened? Sounds like you suffered a severe Stalingrad. Did you lose them all at once or was it cumulative?
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris
Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2017, 06:42 AM,
RE: Germany as AI
I am Russia bro. About 80% of them have been destroyed between Odessa and Smolensk, the rest up north.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
11-01-2017, 06:53 AM,
(11-01-2017, 06:42 AM)Weasel Wrote: I am Russia bro.  About 80% of them have been destroyed between Odessa and Smolensk, the rest up north.

Right on, read this late last night, did not catch that. well done:)
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris
11-01-2017, 12:51 PM,
The buggers keep reforming though, if I remember the manual correctly they come back after about 20 turns? I have destroyed the 17th Pz twice now.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
11-01-2017, 01:40 PM,
(11-01-2017, 12:51 PM)Weasel Wrote: The buggers keep reforming though, if I remember the manual correctly they come back after about 20 turns?  I have destroyed the 17th Pz twice now.

V1.08.02 – February 5, 2015 - It's show in your log for your units.

Logistics phase log will now contain information about those reforming units, which were destroyed during the previous enemy turn.

For Axis: You get the shell back fairly quick.

18.1.1.2. Rebuilding Destroyed German Combat Units German combat units that are destroyed will automatically be rebuilt. These German units will be brought back on the map as empty or nearly empty units the following turn with placement on the western part of the map per section 18.1.1 regarding previously destroyed units. ..................... (Worth a read in it's entirety) 

There has been some changes and bugs fixes through the patches (Axis Allies), but to my knowledge it is still in use. If any Axis players have a different experience in the latest patches, it would be interesting to hear, in my current game I am the Soviets.

-Gris
11-02-2017, 07:10 AM,
Yeah, I had read that before which is where I had got my initial information from, it is moral that is 20, not turns, I was thinking it was turns.

I guess on the good side is rebuilding those divisions are taking away from the reinforcements that would be going to the front, in this case about 2000 tanks.