• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Bombing Railyards
05-15-2017, 07:36 AM,
Bombing Railyards
Since I am the Soviets and I have more aircraft than I could ever want I have decided to try bombing rail yards.  At first I thought this would force an FBD unit or similar to have to move to that hex and fix the track so the trains can roll again, same as an enemy unit moving across a rail line; but reading online people say it only affects how much rail the enemy gets at the start of their next turn, is that correct?

If so, then it really isn't worth it is it?
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-2017, 02:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-15-2017, 03:02 PM by Gris.)
RE: Bombing Railyards
(05-15-2017, 07:36 AM)Weasel Wrote: Since I am the Soviets and I have more aircraft than I could ever want I have decided to try bombing rail yards.  At first I thought this would force an FBD unit or similar to have to move to that hex and fix the track so the trains can roll again, same as an enemy unit moving across a rail line; but reading online people say it only affects how much rail the enemy gets at the start of their next turn, is that correct?

If so, then it really isn't worth it is it?

You are actually bombing the rail factory, not the rail line in the hex. All of this is tied to a game abstraction. To my knowledge is only affects rail capacity. I never tried it myself. I think the resources vs results is low. It would make more sense for the Axis to bomb the Soviet's rail in 41, since their rail capacity is already stretched. 

See 5.3.8.Bomb City Mode (F8) & 21.1.11. Port and Rail yard Capacity

It is better from a game point of view that you can't bomb the rail line. This is why many HTH games have no para drops house rules. Drop a paratrooper on a rail line  and the axis can lose supply to an entire front for three turns. It is a limitation of the system and game breaking.

See you on the Steppe!
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris
Quote this message in a reply