• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMFI Results - A quick look
05-14-2017, 02:01 PM,
CMFI Results - A quick look
Hi Blitz'ers!

Found the CMx2 table of results on the site.  I have always had the suspicion that being a defender is more of a challenge than an attacker.  So I thought I would have a quick look at the CMFI results for scenarios provided in CMFI and GL.

[Image: CMFI_Results.jpg]

Scenarios described as Allied Attacks have 93 results, 49 (53%) being a win for the Allies and 33 (35%) for the Axis, the remainder being draws.

Axis Attacks:  Axis Win 26 (51%), Allied Win 22 (43%)

So at face value my hypothesis is proving correct.

You would think that Assault Scenarios would have similar result.

Allied Assault:  Played 17, Allied Win 6 (35%), Axis Win 9 (53%)

Axis Assault: Played 10, Axis Win 5 (50%), Allied Win 4 (40%)

Not so clear cut.

Thought you might find this interesting.
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-2017, 12:03 AM,
RE: CMFI Results - A quick look
That is interesting. That is actually closer than I thought it would be. For quick battles I have been using Probes and a shorter time limit to help equalize the balance. I have not done an analysis of my personal fights to see if this is really working or not but it feels good to play - and that is the most important thing.
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)
05-16-2017, 08:37 AM,
RE: CMFI Results - A quick look
Thx for the reply.

Gamers enjoy, most of all, a contest and at face value Probe and Meeting Engagement would appear to provide that by giving each player opportunities to win or lose the game. I would be pretty confident that most QBs would be in these categories.

I tend to think that players prefer being the Attacker because it confers the initiative. The Defender tends to be more reactive, it is a different type of challenge - one just as interesting I might add.

I thought that Assault would follow the Attack pattern but it went the other way. Perhaps those interested in learning the art of defence should take on Assault scenarios! Obviously the Assault maps have terrain advantages for the defender which are not so apparent in Attack maps.

Might be interesting to have an Assault Campaign/Competition to see if the numbers hold out.

I'm an average player at best and have yet to win a game as a Defender on an Attack map! Might try an Assault map!