• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Future of the "Civil War Battles" series
05-07-2017, 12:28 PM,
Future of the "Civil War Battles" series
I just have to share this:
http://wargame.ch/board/acwgc/viewtopic....89#p109989

When WDS took up the Panzer Campaigns series I was hoping for more, so if they really dust of the old "Civil War Battles" series it's just damned awesome!
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2017, 12:29 AM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: Future of the "Civil War Battles" series
Great News! Huzzah!  Can only hope Squad Battles gets the same attention moving forward....
05-09-2017, 01:51 AM,
RE: Future of the "Civil War Battles" series
(05-08-2017, 12:29 AM)kolc Wrote: Great News! Huzzah!  Can only hope Squad Battles gets the same attention moving forward....

For me, three main areas would benefit from attention:  AI, graphics and interface.  Game play is already solid and fun.  Definitely don't break what already works.

Although I would like to see a flexible process which could model the leadership and command control shortcomings which produced piecemeal and/or uncoordinated attacks as we saw at 2nd Bull Run or Antietam.  Fixing units only goes so far.
05-09-2017, 05:32 AM,
RE: Future of the "Civil War Battles" series
Well AI is what it is in most games, a tool to learn but not a tool to play against. No need to waste resources on AI when the good gaming is only achieved versus a human opponent.
Graphics, there are a lot out there, maybe they take a series like Banshees grpahic mods into the game, but again they should waste their own resources on it.
Interface, amen! So many useful things in the game like the OOB & Strength screens but most often it's a pain in the butt to use them.