• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Scenario of the Month: May 2017 - Pairings
05-23-2017, 12:27 AM,
RE: Scenario of the Month: May 2017 - Pairings
(05-22-2017, 10:57 AM)cplkrotz Wrote: Question:

In the set up for my game A Nasty Surprise, how do I change the facing of my barbed wire and tank obstacles? The face button does not appear for these, although it does apply to the bunkers.
You control the direction of wire (and trenches) by connecting with a second section. By placing one wire near another they will snap together. Once the wire is positioned the way you want you can move the other section and the first should stay.
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)
Quote this message in a reply
05-23-2017, 12:32 AM,
(05-22-2017, 07:35 AM)cplkrotz Wrote: Was there a problem with the notification system? The notification did not wind up in my junk mail.

I also just heard from my opponent who also said he received no notification. So just a heads up that something may have gone wrong.

Notification? I have never notified players that pairings are set. Does Raz do that? Sorry for any confusion.
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)
05-23-2017, 01:43 AM,
(05-23-2017, 12:27 AM)Cat:Thank you for your reply, but it does not answer my question completely. I understand the issue of connecting the wire. The problem is that the wire faces East when I want to make it face North. The facing button is not enabled. Therefore, I can only set the wire and the tank obstacles in East facing positions although most of the vital arteries are North-South facing where the enemy is located. Owing to the fact that the enemy is attacking from the North, this issue seems important.This set-up does not make sense. Although I have not played the scenario, any commander would logically create positions that face the enemy while, of course, guarding his flank. What does not make sense is that all of the barbed wire/tank obstacles are set up to cover the flank only stopping my ability to create strong points facing the enemy.If possible, the person who designed the scenario should fix this issue before anyone commences A Nasty Surprise. It seems like an unfair limitation (albeit a minor one), nonetheless, one worth quibbling about.Thank you for your time and attention.A Canadian Cat Wrote: cplkrotzQuestion:

In the set up for my game A Nasty Surprise, how do I change the facing of my barbed wire and tank obstacles? The face button does not appear for these, although it does apply to the bunkers.

You control the direction of wire (and trenches) by connecting with a second section. By placing one wire near another they will snap together. Once the wire is positioned the way you want you can move the other section and the first should stay.
05-23-2017, 02:14 AM,
I have not looked at the scenario setup so I cannot speak to the options available. As for how the game works:

The facing command is not meant​ to be enabled for wire. If you want to change wire from facing east to facing north place a second section of wire to the east or west of the first section. The two sections will snap together and orient to face the north.

The facing for hedge hogs do not matter since they fill an area 8m by 8m.

I hope that helps.
05-24-2017, 08:28 AM,
(05-23-2017, 02:14 AM)A Canadian Cat Wrote: I have not looked at the scenario setup so I cannot speak to the options available. As for how the game works:

The facing command is not meant to be enabled for wire. If you want to change wire from facing east to facing north place a second section of wire to the east or west of the first section. The two sections will snap together and orient to face the north.

The facing for hedge hogs do not matter since they fill an area 8m by 8m.

I hope that helps.

Lesson learned.

Thank you!
06-11-2017, 11:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-11-2017, 11:47 PM by Hussar_63.)
Playing MG Joes's Bridge. Have my engineers in place but they are not exiting. Any hints? No spoilers though because we have 50 minutes left to play.

EDIT:

Never mind they are no longer on the map.
07-24-2017, 04:09 AM,
MG Joe's Bridge - Mad Mike vs. wellsonian - has ended, with a total victory for the defending Germans.

Thanks for the game, wellsonian.  Helmet Smile
08-09-2017, 07:56 PM,
MG Joe's Bridge - a1steaks vs. Das Morbo - has ended, Total Victory for the Germans.

a1steaks was a steady and fast responding opponent - thanks for the match!
08-10-2017, 12:54 AM,
(07-24-2017, 04:09 AM)Mad Mike Wrote: MG Joe's Bridge - Mad Mike vs. wellsonian - has ended, with a total victory for the defending Germans.

Thanks for the game, wellsonian.  Helmet Smile

Likewise!  Good work by you.
10-05-2017, 05:11 AM,
CMBN MG Joe's Bridge (requires the Market Garden module)

Hussar63 vs Zinzan63
Game finished, fun game, DRAWN

Great opponent thanks Hussar
"But I don't want to see CM's code or any games code. That is like seeing your spouse and your love as hormones and neurons firing in various lobes on PET scans. Some things should just be enjoyed for what they are; and not analyzed any further.