• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Campaigns... Parameter Data Editor...
04-29-2017, 12:21 AM,
Panzer Campaigns... Parameter Data Editor...
Hello...

I was looking through the PDE for Kursk and I noticed a category...

Movement Cost: Aircraft.

Does this mean that you can have 'on-map' aircraft units, as opposed to the Aircraft Menu?

Has anyone tried this? If so, can you give some 'numbers' that you used?

Dennis  Jester
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2017, 12:35 PM,
RE: Panzer Campaigns... Parameter Data Editor...
If i'm not mistaken, aircraft movement does nothing but add to the VP gain should that aircraft be shot down. A lot of people set movement to 0 to further minimize the VPs gained from downed aircraft.
05-04-2017, 11:32 AM,
RE: Panzer Campaigns... Parameter Data Editor...
(05-03-2017, 12:35 PM)Ocito80 Wrote: If i'm not mistaken, aircraft movement does nothing but add to the VP gain should that aircraft be shot down. A lot of people set movement to 0 to further minimize the VPs gained from downed aircraft.

Hello...

Thanks for the information. I take it you refer to the effect on the off-board aircraft. That's an interesting bit of information. Certainly, usuable in either creating or modifiying scenarios. However, I think the question still remains, can you have 'on-board' air-units? I sure hope so, especially if you can have a more positive representation of 'airpower' in the game. I play the Kursk scenarios and to get the 'ground attack aircraft' to 'work' you have to give them factors that nearly turn them into the WWII equivelant of 'tactical nuclear weapons'. I've read about 'updates' for the game. I hope the aspect of 'airpower' will receive some very much needed addressing. Thank you for taking the time to respond to my inquiry.

Dennis  Jester