• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Campaigns update
05-06-2017, 08:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-06-2017, 08:56 AM by c00per.)
RE: Panzer Campaigns update
*** One wish list item I would like is more Liberty with corp attachments and a better corp attachment interface***

I enjoy the games pretty much as they are and have much experience playing only human players.(real life friends) I think all the series needs is to address the video resolution, zoom and chrome(seems they are). I really hate having three 40 inch widescreen monitor and still not being able to utilize them like we should. Regarding the quality fatigue modifier I do enjoy, and hate the rule because lets face it the Soviets, Italians and other chaffe do not benefit, and everyone else pretty much does but lets not forget it is an optional rule. The same argument can be made about counter battery the rule is excellent if your the side with more artillery. I always prefer rules that affect both sides equally good or bad. As for disruption I am neutral it does cause the unit to suffer certain annihilation unless it can retreat over good order prepared defensive units but the rule effects both sides equally so I see it as a neutral mechanic. Disruption does give the attacker the benefit of maneuver which is maybe the point of disruption ! Disrupted units with normal movement might be acceptable with me if they had to be in travel mode to get the normal movement allotment. Really all I would like to see is a modernized graphics and chrome but the discussion on mechanics can never hurt. 

If it aint broke dont fix it
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2017, 05:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-06-2017, 05:01 PM by ComradeP.)
BigDuke66: FWWC's differences for armies belonging to the same side are on the unit level and not that different from, say, the difference between Guards and regular Soviet units with different values.

The parameter data file still only has two sides: Allied Powers and Central Powers.

That's different from the Napoleonic system where each nation can have things like its own musketry effectiveness. That is in the parameter data and not on the unit level.
05-06-2017, 10:36 PM,
I know, the point is that you can't model all on unit level, that is why the PDT should of with values not only for each side but for each sub-side too, that would surely be handy. As you mentioned, the Napoleonic series has it this way with some but unfortunately not with all values.
Often enough I checked values and saw that both sides have to use a single value instead of a value that models each sides correctly, not to speak of sub-side. It's just a pity that the PDT isn't fully utilized because the potential is big and some proposed changes that came over the years might be done if only the PDT would allow a fine adjustment.
05-08-2017, 02:54 AM,
Looking forward to the re-boot. I've never played the PC series. Tried the free demo, man is that fugley, is there a map/unit mod for the demo?
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde
05-08-2017, 04:41 PM,
https://tfe4.wordpress.com/graphics-and-...ps-titles/
"Tapfer. Standhaft. Treu." - PzGrenB.13 Ried/Innkreis
05-09-2017, 02:19 AM,
A good discussion started by Fhil and anything that will improve the game is worth considering as there are many imbalances in the game. Just maybe disrupted units being allowed normal movement in retreat may address some of them. If it is possible to implement in the game perhaps a optional rule could be emplaced over a trial period to get feedback from players.
There are plenty of graphic mods out there which should suit everyone, but all they do is change the eye candy of the game and for me it is the fundamental issues of these imbalances that really need addressing now.

GHQ cheers
05-09-2017, 12:57 PM,
(05-09-2017, 02:19 AM)Gordons HQ Wrote: A good discussion started by Fhil and anything that will improve the game is worth considering as there are many imbalances in the game. Just maybe disrupted units being allowed normal movement in retreat may address some of them. If it is possible to implement in the game perhaps a optional rule could be emplaced over a trial period to get feedback from players.
There are plenty of graphic mods out there which should suit everyone, but all they do is change the eye candy of the game and for me it is the fundamental issues of these imbalances that really need addressing now.

GHQ cheers

I really like your idea of a 'trial period'. Not to imply that there will, or could be, unacceptable mods for the game, but anytime you get feedback, thats a good thing. Maybe, this approach would result in an ongoing mods effort.

Dennis  Jester
05-09-2017, 05:58 PM,
Something i want see is a change to what i see in PzB demo with certain nation colours hard coded... because you cant change the counters but do this not change the NATO icon in the unit box... for example i move SS grey to regular army and made SS counters darker problem is that in demo do this not allways change the NATO counter colour in unit box.

Apart this... something that need PzC (and Tiller engine) is separate morale from unit quality... i feel that nations need a value in data that represent a nation morale factor, a simple numeric value that made easier or harder that units enter in disrupted status, broken status... is like the fanatic nations rule that still is unused, something in data that affect units performance in combat far from the quality and fatigue.

Other great improvement is prevent situations like full battalions at 100% with no fatigue that suffer one attack losing 1 man and enter in disrupted status while other units with lower quality, fatigue and heavy damage eat casualties without enter in disrupted status... here i think a rule is needed to avoid that kind of situations.

In general i think here Nap titles have interesting unused features like the leader quality-command values that could be used in combat units in other Tiller games.

But lets see, now i am waiting with more interest PzB3 than the PzC rework.
05-09-2017, 08:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-09-2017, 08:33 PM by ComradeP.)
I seem to recall Panzer Campaigns at one point having separate morale and quality values, or was that a graphics mod of some sort? I can't seem to find a screenshot showing it, but I could've sworn I saw it once.
05-09-2017, 11:48 PM,
Having just read the blog on the reboot I wish to add my two pence. First off it's great to see a reboot and any improvements are better than none at all. That said however whilst the graphics and eye candy and new sounds all add something I think balance in a lot of the titles needs to be addressed. Now that many of the titles have had a good deal of play time and many reported games. Would it not be quite an easy thing to balance out some of the games especially the larger campaigns. 
   The playing time is there upping the quality or downing the quality of some units might just make for some extra balance as would adjusting some of the pdt files and I'm sure that there is much else that could be done on this front to bring play balance which is probably the most important issue to those that play them. Not asking for new rules that would probably be too much command and control seems to work well as does fatigue and I know a small shift in some of these things could do more harm than good. Even so a good few of the titles could be better balanced.