• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Change at the top of the ELO ladder
05-02-2017, 12:03 AM,
Change at the top of the ELO ladder
I noticed something interesting yesterday - the overall top dog on the CM2x WW2 ladder changed.

https://www.theblitz.club/ladders/combat...order=desc

Looks like weapon2010 has put together a 5 game winning streak to over take the long time leader OberstKrieger.  In fact BBrus has managed to vault into second place.

There are no awards or bonuses for this (those of us playing for the ELO score are not really looking for bonuses anyway :-) just the satisfaction of knowing you are the best all time ladder player - at the moment.

weapon2010 know this - those of us in the top 10 are gunning for you Big Grin (sorry shameless plug there as I have been drifting in and out of the top 10 for a while now).

Ian (aka A Canadian Cat)
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2017, 05:11 PM,
RE: Change at the top of the ELO ladder
Cool observation!

I have a look at the annual ELO-Ladder from time to time, but I never figured out to do that for the overall ladder. 
And who are my direct competitors - The Cat and MJH! 
  cheers  Helmet Wink

Thank you for the heads-up!
05-06-2017, 02:57 AM,
(05-03-2017, 05:11 PM)Das Morbo Wrote: Cool observation!

I have a look at the annual ELO-Ladder from time to time, but I never figured out to do that for the overall ladder. 
And who are my direct competitors - The Cat and MJH! 
  cheers  Helmet Wink

Thank you for the heads-up!

Same here - though happy to be put in the same category as the opponent who forces me to refer back to my copy of Sun Tzu (looking at you Das Morbo!) 

I am consistently impressed by those folks on those first ELO pages with a high ranking after 70, 80 and 100+ matches! Real veterans.
05-06-2017, 12:18 PM,
#4 on the over 100 list :-)
To The LAST Man, with the LAST round ... We FIGHT!!![Image: CM.png]
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." ~ Napoleon
05-08-2017, 09:28 PM,
(05-06-2017, 02:57 AM)M.J.H. Wrote: Same here - though happy to be put in the same category as the opponent who forces me to refer back to my copy of Sun Tzu (looking at you Das Morbo!) 

I am consistently impressed by those folks on those first ELO pages with a high ranking after 70, 80 and 100+ matches! Real veterans.

@ M.J.H.

"Danke für die Blumen!" or "Thank you for the flowers!" as we say in Germany when we are flattered by a compliment.
I can only return the compliment as you are the only player who outright defeated me (others just managed draws) in my CMx2-Career so far.

@ Panzer Lehr:
Congratulations!
I hope I will join you there over the years. ^^
10-20-2017, 12:27 AM,
Good to know that I was the leader for a while:)
10-20-2017, 07:25 AM,
(10-20-2017, 12:27 AM)OberstKrieger Wrote: Good to know that I was the leader for a while:)

im not the leader anymore , its hard to maintain when you lose 30 elo points on a draw
10-22-2017, 04:02 AM,
#1 ELO in the +150 games catagory ... I love inventing my own categories to suit me :-)
To The LAST Man, with the LAST round ... We FIGHT!!![Image: CM.png]
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." ~ Napoleon