• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

First time as Russians - have a question
05-01-2017, 08:55 AM,
RE: Who to run the ship?
(05-01-2017, 02:23 AM)Weasel Wrote: I see in the notes that Stavka needs a new commander since the guy who is in charge has a low initiative.  The best is Zhukov, so I put him in charge, is that what experienced players do?  I was hesitant as I thought he may be better commanding a front or something.

Historically Marshal Boris Shaposhnikov became ill in 41 and was replaced by Marshal Alexander Vasilievsky. Stavka was also more than one guy. WITE keeps it simple. In the beginning of the game you can't switch them out (at least in I couldn't, may have changed), so I wait. I usually send Zhukov to the Western Front Army to defend Moscow. At the high level I follow the historical line most of the time. There are better choices if you want to min/max. Again, there are best practices, like knowing what the leader traits are and do. After 41 you can lose a guy and get promotions and stats raised so it gets a bit ambiguous. There are some posting over at Matrix, especially on the Axis side.  I usually start at Army level and replace those guys first , then Front, then Stavka. You can work down too if you like. Admin points affect the choices more than anything, you only have so many in the beginning. Actual combat will sort the winners and losers. Another great example of the Macro vs Micro game in WITE that is does so well.

Look at 11. 2 Leader Ratings. Admin (movement & supply), initiative (movement) , and morale (CV) are important ones to consider, but obviously all matter to a degree.

Zhukov is not a bad choice anywhere IMO.
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Who to run the ship? - by Weasel - 05-01-2017, 02:23 AM
RE: Who to run the ship? - by Gris - 05-01-2017, 08:55 AM