• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

First time as Russians - have a question
04-30-2017, 04:23 AM,
RE: First time as Russians - have a question
(04-30-2017, 03:22 AM)Weasel Wrote: I was overwhelmed with the Germans at first too but after several plays it has become much easier.  I have yet to take Leningrad in either the big campaign or in the RTL scenario no matter what strategy I try.  I have followed several UT videos, including one where buddy has never played before but took the city (it must have been on easy mode); he played using version 1.08.  I can always take the city south of Leningrad but always fail at the big price.

I have taken it with the Infantry Corps and HQ buildup, but as I recall, it has always been in HTH. Attached pioneers, artillery, and STG's, build up and pound them with air, then assault. It can be slow going, but it works. Makes me wonder what the AI is doing different. Could be something in the latest patch. I haven't played as the Axis since last year, my current game I am playing as the Soviet. I am up next for Axis. The Campaigns take a while and sometimes you miss entire patches as one side.

Maybe I am doomed to fail before the Red Horde. Angry Mob
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: First time as Russians - have a question - by Gris - 04-30-2017, 04:23 AM
Who to run the ship? - by Weasel - 05-01-2017, 02:23 AM
RE: Who to run the ship? - by Gris - 05-01-2017, 08:55 AM