• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

GPQ
04-27-2017, 01:00 AM,
c_Question Mark  GPQ
As questions come up for me I'll post in here, THE GAMEPLAY QUESTION  Thread  Jester

Question: Can a bridging engineering unit upgrade a bridge? I currently have an engineering unit trying to bridge a hex which already has a light bridge. I got to get my armor moving, its been  4 turns but my dumb self got impatient and hit the wrong key and the unit went out of bridging ops, im guessing the unit started over Crazy. The manual doesn't say it you can upgrade a bridge so to speak.

If any other forums users want to use the GPQ  thread for their questions feel free. It keeps all the newbie questions in one place for future newbies TEEHEE
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2017, 02:42 AM,
RE: GPQ
You can't permanently upgrade a bridge, but engineer bridges built and maintained (by keeping the "has bridge" unit in position) are counted as (and look like) Heavy Bridges.

Using an engineer bridge has the movement cost of a Primary Road from one side to the other side of the bridge.
04-28-2017, 05:18 AM,
Here's a question. How the hell do you deal with the Somua's? Unlike history my opponent is using them in packs quite effectively. Were playing the Hannut full battle and my tank losses are getting worrisome, almost double his losses. He has more losses in troops than i do but those damn Somua's are wrecking my day, not to mention the Hotchkiss tanks. The last Division has unlocked, i have choices to make. I was surprised there were no bridging engineers in the scenario so your kind of funneled south. The plan was to send all the armor between Orp-le-petit and Branchon as you can cross the streams in that area, no crossing for armor north of Orp-le-petit. The farthest west i am currently is Jandrain-Jandrenouille, which i'm about to take in about 2 turns unless he gets more troops in there.He halted my advance with a Somua pack on the heights south of Merdorp just when i thought i had broken out, good fun Mex Big Grin i just sent turn 6 back to him.
04-28-2017, 03:06 PM,
Are there any OP fire limitations on disrupted,isolated, or broken units or do they get unlimited OP fire...at reduced strength?
04-28-2017, 05:12 PM,
(04-28-2017, 03:06 PM)budd Wrote: Are there any OP fire limitations on disrupted,isolated, or broken units or do they get unlimited OP fire...at reduced strength?

Unlimited fire - with penalties...

In most cases the fire will be inconsequential.

David
04-29-2017, 04:29 AM,
Where are the BTR files stored? I've looked but can't find any. Do they generate after every turn of an AI and pbem game?