• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Some thoughts on tthese game
04-10-2017, 09:23 PM,
RE: Some thoughts on tthese game
(04-10-2017, 02:50 AM)Jagger Wrote: Interesting.  Pace of combat is faster as units degrade faster.

Yep, that's what we saw. My take is it's an improvement. That said we couldn't include it in the other titles due to the impact on balancing.

David
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2017, 04:11 AM,
RE: Some thoughts on tthese game
I tend to avoid the realism and balance part of these discussions. Having been in a real war, the closest I came to realism in a game was when I got hit in the eye in paintball (Pro Tip: Do not take off the safety glasses at anytime). Chess is about the most balance game I can think of and I still can't beat Bobby Fischer no matter how hard I try. So I see both as myths, the Holy Grail of gaming and after 4 decades of searching I've come up empty handed.  I have concluded it is all about perspective. I think everyone here has presented very valid perspectives. Quite an interesting read.

With that said, I do find the fatigue factor x3 intriguing. I have experienced what Dennis posted in his OP, many in games with him. It can, at times, be frustrating to say the least. The x3 factor could be a remedy with the caveats posted by Strela to take into consideration. I won't say either way whether it is good or bad, realistic or balanced, because I haven't tried it. If any of you guys would like to give it a go, I am willing to test it. For those I am currently playing, if you want to try it in our next game, count me in. I, for one, would like to see it in action. Send me an email or PM if interested.

Thanks Strela for the insight, as always, greatly appreciated.
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris
Quote this message in a reply