• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

OOB issue in Omaha Beach
03-27-2017, 12:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-27-2017, 12:35 PM by ChadG.)
OOB issue in Omaha Beach
The 2. Kompanie, I. Battalion, 726. Grenadier-Regiment seems to have too many men and units.  There are 8 units for this Kompanie, all of them MG troops.   (0606_08b_Omaha scenario....patch 1.02a)
They are located between WN59 and WN60.

And just for historical sake, the 716. Infanterie-Division had no Panzerfaust or 'Schreck.

Regards,
ChadG
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-2017, 01:05 PM,
RE: OOB issue in Omaha Beach
(03-27-2017, 12:34 PM)ChadG Wrote: The 2. Kompanie, I. Battalion, 726. Grenadier-Regiment seems to have too many men and units.  There are 8 units for this Kompanie, all of them MG troops.   (0606_08b_Omaha scenario....patch 1.02a)
They are located between WN59 and WN60.

And just for historical sake, the 716. Infanterie-Division had no Panzerfaust or 'Schreck.

Regards,
ChadG

Thanks ChadG,

There are actually 10 units in the Kompanie. They are all squad equivalents (3 per platoon = 9 plus the dedicated MG squad). In a number of cases where we knew companies were split across the static defences and given extra MG's in those positions we set them up like so. This is the case on a number of the landing beaches.

As far as the Panzerfausts - yes you're correct. To exclude them would have meant quite a number of additional components to be added for a unit that would be in this state only for a few days after the invasion - panzerfausts becoming available pretty quickly. With very low tank density at Omaha and a tendency not to get within one hex range we thought it expedient not to add the additional components. The other argument would be that the range of hardware at Omaha would have made life in a tank hard in any case and the inclusion of the higher hard attack values simulates some of this.

Thanks for your questions and interest and I hope the above explains the why. We were aware of both.

David
Quote this message in a reply