• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Save action points for travel mode change
03-26-2017, 12:38 AM,
Save action points for travel mode change
Last night, I had an opportunity to try out the PB demo and I was very impressed.   Looks beautiful, plays well. 

However I had one difficulty with one standard movement operation.  I was trying to manually track remaining action points so I could shift from travel to deployed mode at the end of my move.  I often failed because I wasn't sure how many APs were necessary to move into the last few hexs.  Too often a unit would end its move in travel mode when I wanted them in deployed mode.  

I noticed in one of the menus an option to "save movement costs".  Apparently, it ensures some action points are not spent so that the unit can fire at the end of the adjusted move.   I looked for something similar which would save action points to ensure the ability to change from travel to deployed mode.   I couldn't find anything like that.  Am I just missing it or is it not there?
Quote this message in a reply
03-26-2017, 02:56 AM,
RE: Save action points for travel mode change
(03-26-2017, 12:38 AM)Jagger Wrote: Last night, I had an opportunity to try out the PB demo and I was very impressed.   Looks beautiful, plays well. 

However I had one difficulty with one standard movement operation.  I was trying to manually track remaining action points so I could shift from travel to deployed mode at the end of my move.  I often failed because I wasn't sure how many APs were necessary to move into the last few hexs.  Too often a unit would end its move in travel mode when I wanted them in deployed mode.  

I noticed in one of the menus an option to "save movement costs".  Apparently, it ensures some action points are not spent so that the unit can fire at the end of the adjusted move.   I looked for something similar which would save action points to ensure the ability to change from travel to deployed mode.   I couldn't find anything like that.  Am I just missing it or is it not there?

Hi,

When the unit concerned is selected - its either Ctrl-S - or press the 6th button along from the left on the top row of shortcuts

Cheers

C
03-26-2017, 04:42 AM,
Jagger:
The save movement costs will work for both fire and movement.
Utilize this command with the reachable hexs button(10th from left,bottom row) will make life easier.
03-26-2017, 01:20 PM,
(03-26-2017, 04:42 AM)Kuriltai Wrote: Jagger:
The save movement costs will work for both fire and movement.
Utilize this command with the reachable hexs button(10th from left,bottom row) will make life easier.

Thanks, I didn't realize the costs were the same for both.  Works great!