Panzer Battles Demo - Released!
03-25-2017, 12:55 PM,
RE: Panzer Battles Demo - Released!
Seriously,  I think this is the most content I've ever seen in a demo

Can't wait till PzB find its way to the mediterranean theater
Quote this message in a reply
03-25-2017, 06:20 PM,
I now have the demo, what a fantastic piece of work and all for free!! Mex Big Grin

I was waiting for PzB 3 before dipping into the series as I believe it will cover the North African campaign and the Mersa el Brega scenarios will certainly wet my appetite while I wait, I actually made my own version of the "Enter Rommel" scenario for Tobruk41 so it is a battle close to my heart.

Well done David, his team and JTS. Wink
03-25-2017, 08:46 PM,
(03-25-2017, 06:20 PM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: I now have the demo, what a fantastic piece of work and all for free!! Mex Big Grin

I was waiting for PzB 3 before dipping into the series as I believe it will cover the North African campaign and the Mersa el Brega scenarios will certainly wet my appetite while I wait, I actually made my own version of the "Enter Rommel" scenario for Tobruk41 so it is a battle close to my heart.

Well done David, his team and JTS. Wink

Maybe sir you are Peter Hickman the creator of "Rommel delayed" scen for Tobruk 41??? what a great scen, expect see it ported to PzB3 (like some of the Volcanoman scens from his Compass mod for El-Alamein).

I try add some italians to the Mersa scen but is not possible because lacks the unit portraits, i can use them from PzC but not for the other visual options and made not appear components... and with no components OOB editor crash.

I expect have time to pick at least one game from demo but i feel cold strikes back... and my temperature rises.... bed is calling me  Cry
03-25-2017, 09:42 PM,
Many thanks for what looks like an excellent freebie
Cant wait for it to download which is taking a little longer then normal.
Not surprising though as I guessing its rather popular Wink
03-26-2017, 06:56 AM,
I like the newly added feature that shows a small diamond in the hex of a minefield that signals how big the mine field is.

Very nice touch! Thumbs Up
03-26-2017, 07:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-26-2017, 07:06 PM by ComradeP.)
Quote:A little question, the A13 cruiser tanks with 8/3 hard attack value VS the 2 pdr AT guns with 7/3 hard attack value is intentional???

Ooo and in the Hannut scens i notice french units using the 2 vehicles portrait like in Normandy (in Normandy was a suggestion to see what units have 1 Firefly in the section because this increase the unit combat values), i imagine is to show the diferent composition of old vehicles with short 37mm and new vehicles with long 37mm no???

And in Hannut a little question about the defensive value of "SA-L mle 34 25mm P19", it has 10 defensive points like the german "PKW MG Flak (W)" but in Mersa el Brega PzJg1 has the usual 3 defensive value for that kind of vehicles.

Maybe the tank regiments had access to better ammunition, similar to how 17 pounder stats are different for the Achilles, Firefly and AT gun versions in Normandy?

The H35 as represented in the Hannut scenarios is a bit peculiar, as it shows H35 tanks with a longer gun but they're not called H39's and use a different picture. I wonder what those longer gun H35's represent. The two vehicles indeed seem to represent the original H35 and improved H39 versions.

I think the French halftrack received the soft halftrack defence value of 10 by mistake instead of the hard halftrack defence value of 3, which it should receive like you mention.

The SA37 seems to be a bit overrated, it seems the penetration data for a 0 degree angle was used by accident, instead of the 30 degree angle from the vertical. A value of 10 with a maximum range of 5 to represent its consistent performance at range thanks to the capped ammunition and its good accuracy might be more accurate

See this website for what the penetration would be at that angle It was certainly the best AT gun around, but not as spectacular as it is in the game currently, with a HA value 3 points higher than that of the Panzer IIIm's KwK 38 L/60 and nearly as good as the T34's 76.2mm gun. http://www.littlewars.se/french1940/gundata.html

[/url][url=http://www.littlewars.se/french1940/gundata.html]
03-26-2017, 08:14 PM,
I remember read that H-35 receive in early 1940 the improved 37mm gun like the one used in H-39 and i imagine this is the situation, maybe change the portrait name in a similar way used to diference between PzIII with L60 VS L42... 

Yep, the SA is very powerfull in game looks a mistake like the problem with 76mm arty for Luftwaffe land divisions in Normandy.

I did some modding before go bed and i find something strange, i prefer have german army in grey and SS in black and i use the files from Normandy but i find that in the unit portrait not all have the icon in the correct colour.. for example here you see one in grey and other in the old blue colour, same with SS where some appear in black and other in grey. I dont know how is possible because in Normandy and Kursk same type of modding change to the new colour the unit portrait NATO symbol  What I'd Miss

http://i.imgur.com/G1btuxb.jpg
03-26-2017, 09:04 PM,
(03-26-2017, 08:14 PM)Xaver Wrote: I remember read that H-35 receive in early 1940 the improved 37mm gun like the one used in H-39 and i imagine this is the situation, maybe change the portrait name in a similar way used to diference between PzIII with L60 VS L42... 

Yep, the SA is very powerfull in game looks a mistake like the problem with 76mm arty for Luftwaffe land divisions in Normandy.

I did some modding before go bed and i find something strange, i prefer have german army in grey and SS in black and i use the files from Normandy but i find that in the unit portrait not all have the icon in the correct colour.. for example here you see one in grey and other in the old blue colour, same with SS where some appear in black and other in grey. I dont know how is possible because in Normandy and Kursk same type of modding change to the new colour the unit portrait NATO symbol  What I'd Miss

http://i.imgur.com/G1btuxb.jpg

That's because some icons are hard coded into the unit card. For example there is only one icon for mg or Engineers so when they're motorised we replace it on the unit card.

David
03-26-2017, 10:31 PM,
Adjusted my mod for the Demo:
Goal was again to make it look more modern and serious.

[Image: 4h9GVbM.jpg]

[Image: hS10UtE.jpg]

[Image: G77szDS.jpg]

Tell me what you think !
03-27-2017, 02:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-27-2017, 02:04 AM by PzKw43.)
Much better! Data visualization rule #1 is to remove unnecessary pixels. Having a map in the background of the Unit Boxes is distracting. There should be an option to turn off the artwork in the window containing the Unit Boxes. The units displayed on the map should have a single background color with no fill effects.