• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

3D Graphics for Panzer Campaigns Relaunched
03-20-2017, 10:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-20-2017, 11:12 PM by typhoon.)
RE: 3D Graphics for Panzer Campaigns Relaunched
I'm one of the old timers Compass mentions in his post. I think your work looks really impressive although not sure if this would convert me. Would personally like to see the Unit cards larger if possible with numbers appearing on them representing the details on the counters in the side box.
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2017, 11:03 PM,
Looks like Campaign Series. Personally, I would like to see a 2d relief map like PBs with the 2d or 3d counters we have now.
03-20-2017, 11:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-20-2017, 11:59 PM by Pepe Botijo.)
Yep, something like Pzbattles would be cool. No 3D maps.
03-21-2017, 12:45 AM,
Also although slightly off topic very keen to hear more on the Panzer Campaigns relaunch have found no other information about it and this is the second time here I have seen mention of it. Is there any more information to be had.
03-21-2017, 12:55 AM,
Strela that looks great!
03-21-2017, 01:09 AM,
Is an interesting project to improve the game... the good point is the amount of options you can use...

For example a version with only NATO icons.

Other like you are showing.

A variant with a more "simple" way to show vehicles-infantry with a lateral view instead the 3D effect similar to PzB.

I like the change of units when are in travel mode... maybe show the truck when we talk about motorized infantry and arty (or a horse+gun if is a hs unit) but normal infantry (no motorized no using ht) maybe could be continue using the image BUT with a pair of big boots to show them on travel mode.

I am curious if you can use bigger counters covering more hex BUT with points, flags or similar icons to show if is a bunker, trench... and add icons to show bridges and similar.

Well, lets see how finish this, thanks for the work.
03-21-2017, 08:18 AM,
Thanks Strela for the new screenshots.

As with the rest of the guys, we can't wait to see your finished product.
03-25-2017, 12:16 AM,
OK I'm starting to like this idea, what about using the Panzer Battles 2D100 unit counters on the 3D map view.
I think this would work well, as they are already available.
03-25-2017, 12:40 AM,
(03-25-2017, 12:16 AM)Lowlander Wrote: OK I'm starting to like this idea, what about using the Panzer Battles 2D100 unit counters on the 3D map view.

Ditto
03-25-2017, 02:14 AM,
(03-25-2017, 12:16 AM)Lowlander Wrote: OK I'm starting to like this idea, what about using the Panzer Battles 2D100 unit counters on the 3D map view.

Guys,

Unfortunately the 2D 100 counters (side on) don't fit. In PzB those counters are 49 x 49 pixels. I only have 32 x 32 pixels in PzC. The infantry work (as you can see) but the vehicles/guns are too long and shrinking them much more makes them illegible.

I have tried...

David