• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Editor question
03-16-2017, 12:33 AM,
Editor question
Hi, i have a little question about detached units... i am closing (finally) a scen for PzBN but i dont find how made a regimental HQ (and other units at division-corps level) dont appear as detached (name in orange-yellow like they be outside HQ range in the moment i dont want place in game their HQs).

Is any way to made that units appear in command??? first turn they are in command but when starts 2nd turn appear as detached.

Thanks.
Quote this message in a reply
03-16-2017, 10:27 AM,
RE: Editor question
Using the scenario editor, one thing that you can do is to place the HQ controlling the "detached units" off of the map like you can do with artillery. This should remove the detached status and you don't have to worry about having the HQ on the map to just support a couple of units. You can also consider using the OOB editor to make a separate OOB file for the scenario by cutting and pasting from the master. Strela does not like to do this as it makes updating the OOB files much more time consuming than just having to update the master file. The advantage of this is that you can tuck those "detached units" under another HQ, maybe a kampfgruppe, which is in the editor, but not used.

Jeff
03-16-2017, 09:53 PM,
RE: Editor question
I know that solution but i dont like it, i dislike have in strenght dialog HQs that are not even in map... apart that in game in many scens appear units of arty at corps level that are not detached with their corp HQ not present in map or outside it.. same with divisional HQs not detached when is not present corp-army HQs.

This is the thing i want know, how made units not appear as detached when the HQ full chain is not present in OOB.