• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Limited advance paying dividends
04-02-2017, 04:25 AM,
RE: Limited advance paying dividends
Yeah. Hey a question for you, the port in the last jpeg, TALLINN, are the Soviets able to evacuate troops from there back to there own side of the map? And during the blizzard I take it all ports are frozen so no shipping can occur (although now that I think on it I did ship troops during the blizzard).

I wish the scenario had a "do you wish to continue" option, I was in such an excellent position with 3 hexes full of Soviet units attacking a single dug in German division and the odds still being 1:5.4!!
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2017, 04:45 AM,
(04-02-2017, 04:25 AM)Weasel Wrote: Yeah.  Hey a question for you, the port in the last jpeg, TALLINN, are the Soviets able to evacuate troops from there back to there own side of the map?  And during the blizzard I take it all ports are frozen so no shipping can occur (although now that I think on it I did ship troops during the blizzard).

I wish the scenario had a "do you wish to continue" option, I was in such an excellent position with 3 hexes full of Soviet units attacking a single dug in German division and the odds still being 1:5.4!!

See 14.2.3. Naval Transport and Amphibious Naval Transport

You should be able to in Blizzard (Oceans do not freeze and the ports are below the Arctic Circle) , but it is limited by a point system (hover any ocean hex to see), however I can't recall using it myself. Usually by the Blizzard, the Axis controls the area. You also have to accumulate the points. It is not unlimited so you cannot conduct unlimited transfer turn after turn.

You can move from Tallinn, they problem is there are only a couple of ports. The Axis and Soviet also have unique rules for each of the four sea zones. The above rules covers it well.

I believe that is why bitter end is so popular, because the points are different and there is no sudden death. I like the sudden death myself for multiplayer and Bitter End for the AI once you got the game down.

Hope this helps,
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris
04-02-2017, 12:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-02-2017, 12:55 PM by Weasel.)
I had read that and it never actually states you can move them "outside" the map, it just states they can ship in any zone. It would have been better in stupid person terms.

I have restarted WitE with alternate combat values.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
04-02-2017, 01:39 PM,
(04-02-2017, 12:55 PM)Weasel Wrote: I had read that and it never actually states you can move them "outside" the map, it just states they can ship in any zone.  It would have been better in stupid person terms.

I have restarted WitE with alternate combat values.

Deciphering the manual represents the espionage portion of the game, there should be a steam achievement for it Big Grin
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris