• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Alternative Graphics for F'40
03-06-2017, 01:39 AM,
Alternative Graphics for F'40
Hi all,

While I have been a big fan of the graphical updates to the series, I find the palettes for F'40 (and NGP'85) to be a bit too dark. As a result, it is difficult for me to discern the difference between streams and rivers, at least when the movement filter is on. I haven't noticed this with any of the other titles. 

Anyone know of a way to brighten things up a bit? I see that the MapMod site is down, and I'm not sure it was compatable with the new 3d terrain.

My understanding is that the series is undergoing another graphical update, which will bring things in line with the graphics in K'43. Hopefully that is the case-- and hopefully this issue will disappear.  BTW, any news on how long it will take for the latest update to occur?
Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2017, 02:18 AM,
RE: Alternative Graphics for F'40
About 1.5 weeks ago, there was another Blitz member who was mentioning the same thing about the rivers and streams however, he was playing the FWWC series.

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=70524

The same suggestions offered to him will easily fit your needs, too.
03-06-2017, 02:21 AM,
(03-06-2017, 01:39 AM)Many Mariuses Wrote: Hi all,

While I have been a big fan of the graphical updates to the series, I find the palettes for F'40 (and NGP'85) to be a bit too dark. As a result, it is difficult for me to discern the difference between streams and rivers, at least when the movement filter is on. I haven't noticed this with any of the other titles. 

Anyone know of a way to brighten things up a bit? I see that the MapMod site is down, and I'm not sure it was compatable with the new 3d terrain.

My understanding is that the series is undergoing another graphical update, which will bring things in line with the graphics in K'43. Hopefully that is the case-- and hopefully this issue will disappear.  BTW, any news on how long it will take for the latest update to occur?
F 40 has the best stock map graphics ever for any Pz C game. You don't need to update anything. In fact I have used to map graphics in F 40 to update B 44.  jonny Big Grin
03-06-2017, 03:03 AM,
(03-06-2017, 02:21 AM)jonnymacbrown Wrote:

F 40 has the best stock map graphics ever for any Pz C game. You don't need to update anything. In fact I have used to map graphics in F 40 to update B 44.  jonny Big Grin

Thank you for sharing your opinion, but for me the graphics aren't sufficient-- because streams and roads are not sufficiently differentiated when the filter is on. As you may be aware, not everyone has the same opinon
03-06-2017, 03:18 AM,
Compass Rose,

Thank you for the attempt at useful feedback, rather than simply informing me that the problem I was experiencing didn't exist/wasn't valid. I tried the Liebchen river mod found in the link, but unfortunately it did not appear to actually change anything. Do you know whether this mod is compatible with the newer graphics, or am I failing to extract the file properly?

The rivers are quite distinguishable until the "y" filter has been turned on-- which darkens the hexes outside the unit's movement range to the point where they are difficult to distinguish. I did find, however, that turning off the hexsides helps a bit, but it's still difficult to tell. I also found the problem present in Smolensk as well.
03-06-2017, 04:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-06-2017, 04:14 AM by Compass Rose.)
Did you happen to look at Philippe Divine's F'40 art mod or the one that Warhorse did for F'40?

The only other art mods I can think of besides the first three I mentioned is the Old Banshee Art mod that uses the old TalonSoft 3D graphics.  The download link for it is found toward the bottom of the page.

http://old-banshee.com/downloads.php

The last mod being MapMod.

Sorry I can't help you out about your "newer graphics" question as all of the PzC titles I own are the "older" HPS versions.

You mentioned "The rivers are quite distinguishable until the "y" filter has been turned on".

What do you mean by the "y" filter?
03-06-2017, 04:37 AM,
I downloaded the Liebchen River, Rail, Canal mod found at post #7 in the thread you recommended. I didn't download the Warhorse mod, because the directions specified it needed to be downloaded over Jison's Map Mod (which is no longer available). Of course, I then found a link to archive.org, downloaded the mod, and it basically turned the graphics into gibberish. So now I'm screwed. I suppose I'll just have to learn to live with the fact that I am apparently not smart enough to deal with this, so I'll just take things as they are. Fortunately, there is much more good than bad when it comes to Panzer Campaigns.

Sorry about referring to the "y" filter using improper terminology. What I was talking about was the "reachable hexes" filter (which uses the hotkey y).

I do appreciate the attempt at helping though.
03-06-2017, 05:16 AM,
If everything is screwed up, you may want to do a fresh install. and a fresh update, to get everything back to normal.

As for using art mods, you may want to consider using JSGME as it sounds as if you currently don't use it.

Here is a walk-through explaining everything about it.

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=65299
03-06-2017, 07:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-06-2017, 07:32 AM by Warhorse.)
No, to use my mod, just use JSGME, don't need Jisons mod at all to use mine. Mine is all new stuff, didn't use his, as that was the point to changing it!

[Image: France%20%2740.jpg]

[Image: France%20%2740%202D.jpg]

You can see streams/rivers clearly.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
03-08-2017, 12:09 AM,

I still haven't looked, but I thought main river had an outline and streams did not.