• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Question on screen resolution
02-11-2017, 10:44 AM,
Question on screen resolution
I have been reading online that you can set the screen resolution in the PREF menu, and guys state they set it to 1920x1080.  I have checked and I don't have that option in my PREF; when the game starts I get a small window (as seen in pic 1) and the game will play in that small window unless I maximize it which just seems to stretch stuff (pic 2).  Is there a way to set screen resolution for the STEAM edition, or does it only exist for the Matrix version, or not at all?

[Image: launch.jpg]

[Image: max.jpg]
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2017, 12:04 PM,
RE: Question on screen resolution
Does anyone else have the screens appear as above? A yes or no would help greatly, if yes then I guess I live with it. If no, then I have to figure out why I am missing the video options.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
02-12-2017, 10:15 PM,
(02-12-2017, 12:04 PM)Weasel Wrote: Does anyone else have the screens appear as above?  A yes or no would help greatly, if yes then I guess I live with it.  If no, then I have to figure out why I am missing the video options.

At a guess you are running the game in windowed mode, will have to look at my own set up.
I always use quick start option.
02-13-2017, 01:43 AM,
(02-12-2017, 12:04 PM)Weasel Wrote: Does anyone else have the screens appear as above?  A yes or no would help greatly, if yes then I guess I live with it.  If no, then I have to figure out why I am missing the video options.

Hi Weasel,

I have the steam version and mine always starts windowed. When I maximize it, it goes to full screen, no task bar showing. I have my monitor set to 1920 x 1080. I do not see an option to change the resolution in my settings either.

Do you have your task bar set to always on top? Maybe they are doing it through a config file?
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris
02-13-2017, 05:10 AM,
My settings are same as yours Willie, so obviously it is a difference between the two versions. My task bar doesn't show either when full mode but it does in the screen shot because I dropped to desktop to paste the image into paint for upload to here.

I have been going nuts trying to find out others set their game to 1920x1080, won't worry anymore. I was trying to find a config file too, thought maybe in there you could set it but can't find that either.
02-13-2017, 05:24 AM,
(02-13-2017, 05:10 AM)Weasel Wrote: My settings are same as yours Willie, so obviously it is a difference between the two versions.  My task bar doesn't show either when full mode but it does in the screen shot because I dropped to desktop to paste the image into paint for upload to here.

I have been going nuts trying to find out others set their game to 1920x1080, won't worry anymore.  I was trying to find a config file too, thought maybe in there you could set it but can't find that either.

I ran into this same problem with other Slitherine games. I am making an assumption it is in my native screen resolution, but it really doesn't say it anywhere. I am sure Slitherine have a technical reason for this, but it drives me crazy too. For now it works ok for me, but the problems start when the game really begins to age and will not scale anymore. It may just be a sacrifice to place it on Steam vs the cost. Steam seems to get the older games for the most part, so it maybe sales related. Only Slitherine knows the answers to this and they are not talking.

I wish they would change this across the board, I would love to play Spartan/Troy again! Big Grin

There are some third party programs that players use for Campaigns Series, so that might be an option. I am sure someone here at the Blitz knows.
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris