• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PBEM woes
02-11-2017, 11:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-11-2017, 11:27 PM by Hoyt Burrass.)
Help  PBEM woes
Trying to start a PBEM game with Landser34.  Landser34 started it and sent me a file.  When I try to continue the saved game the game asks for my encryption key (I assume it is a key for this game and not a system key I set up somewhere else within the program).  When I enter anything...or nothing at all, I get a File Read Error popup that says 'Error reading battle file' and cannot proceed.

anybody know what I am doing wrong?
Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2017, 12:06 AM,
RE: PBEM woes
(02-11-2017, 11:26 PM)High Krausen Wrote: Trying to start a PBEM game with Landser34.  Landser34 started it and sent me a file.  When I try to continue the saved game the game asks for my encryption key (I assume it is a key for this game and not a system key I set up somewhere else within the program).  When I enter anything...or nothing at all, I get a File Read Error popup that says 'Error reading battle file' and cannot proceed.

anybody know what I am doing wrong?

The encryption key is simply the password you enter when you start playing the game. If you have not entered your own password my best guess is that Landser did enter his password to start and then did not end the turn. Check with him to make sure the file you have contains your turn 1.
02-12-2017, 09:08 AM,
RE: PBEM woes
That was it...thanks!