• Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Cpt Cav Mod
02-13-2017, 03:31 AM,
RE: Cpt Cav Mod
(02-12-2017, 01:38 PM)2-81 Armor Wrote:
(02-12-2017, 12:12 PM)Aolain Wrote:
(02-11-2017, 02:27 AM)2-81 Armor Wrote:
(02-10-2017, 11:53 AM)Aolain Wrote: I answered my own question, it does require NGP.
I just checked, and I do have this. Only thing is I changed the unit and map graphics to suit my own tastes. Other than that I made no other changes at all.

IMHO this is probably the best "'85" series scenario, and the only one that features a mobilization period prior to first contact.

If you still want it, drop me an email.

2-81: I agree, a great mod. I wish the DF campaigns allowed this pre war maneuver.

I also agree with your post about war warning. During my glorious military career, our Bn COmmander at the time agreed with you: we would get probably 24 hours notice. Not enough for us (in the 1st ID (F)) to get into our GDP, but enough to get us moving.

He told us that GDP planning was fine and dandy, but in reality the war would be one of meeting engagements.
Couldn't agree more.  At most I think the Corps Covering Forces could have deployed in time with 24 hours. Whether the obstacle/barrier plans might have been executed in time is problematical....maybe partially. I did 3 tours in USAREUR, in both V and VII Corps, and most of the realistic Commanders I encountered believed 24-36 hours was the best we could hope for.

I'm still tinkering with a DF OOB that shows things as they were in 1976-77. It's up to version 5.5 now as I continue to par down the unit count to try and make it manageable. (At one point it contained everything you could imagine. Sort of like "Bolt Out of The Blue".) Some years back I asked here if anyone was interested in giving me a hand (I'm OK doing OOB's and research, but for actual scenario design I could use help), and even though I shared the OOB with a few people, I never heard back from anyone. I guess the time period with no "sexy" equipment is a turn off. I've gotten to the point where I even have graphics (borrowed and adapted) for it, and I still tinker away. Projected name is/was "Lariat Advance", if that rings a bell.

Lariat Advance? Yikes! That was the dreaded phone call! Although, as I remember, every LA was preceded by about 8 hours by some other kind of warning. We never acted on it, preferring the troops get no time to prepare. 

When I was with the 101st as a young LT we were ever so proud that our Division Ready Battalion could be wheels up in 18 hours. I got a different perspective in Europe with the 2 hours to out the gates 365 days a year (in the mid 80s).
Quote this message in a reply