• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Is the serie dead???
12-11-2017, 07:52 AM,
RE: Is the serie dead???
(12-11-2017, 12:45 AM)19Delta Wrote: Seriously ? , so there is little to zero chance that there will be any graphic updates to the EAW series according to inside information .

Graphics-wise, it is about project scheduling. As a graphics coordinator for JTS, that part isn't my area.

Unofficially I would say that there is almost no chance that it won't happen. The general goal as I was told when I was brought on was about using 24 bit bmps - considering that all of EAW uses 8 bit graphics ... educated guess - for no other reason than that ... unofficially, I can't see it not happening.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2017, 08:27 AM,
That be great,  I understand that this engine is 20yrs old and you all have been playing these games for literally decade's but believe or not Ive just discovered John Tiller Software and its games thru a thread at a boardgame forum covering PzB......  Helmet Smile
08-23-2019, 03:35 AM,
Well, i read that JT is sending an e-mail announcing in this year we are going to see the serie updated!!! with SQB and Naval Campaigns.

Apart between 2-3 new titles before end of year.

And in 2020 they expect update the other series.

I am curious to see what kind of update we are going to see in EAW revised scens is an option, i doubt see OOB reworks or something more deep... art is going to offer maybe the biggest improvement and here in map i asume an aproximation to Nap series with some diferences but in unit portraits... i expect something diferent to ACW update because PzC unit portrait art is for me much better than the ACW, i prefer the use of a single detailed soldier with the regimental flag as background... like in one of the Nap mods, in 3D art... i am divide, bigger soldiers maybe are better based in the scale of units but smaller soldiers from Nan even were are less detailed looks better on battlefield.

Apart this... well, are titles like MAW using an older engine version and in last years engine was updated in other series and some improvements are portable to EAW.

Of course is allways the "a new title" option but i feel as is now EAW is very rare see one covering the "Wars of liberation" in South America, more based in the low interest for the north america market over the lack of interesting armies-battles you could find... but is allways the option to see a new serie using EAW engine as base because the scale in serie is very good for the XIX colonial wars (more serious wars for me needs a mixture of Nap-FWW engines).

Lets see if we can see something in september.
08-26-2019, 12:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-26-2019, 12:40 AM by 19 Delta.)
Agreed, I would really like to see the unit graphics updated ( portrait and 3D map units) . Honestly I looked at the EAW series for sometime and the graphics held back my purchase. Im glad I made the leap of faith as the series has a lot of history wrapped into the 4 title's.

There is nothing that even remoltly covers this part of N American history in the pc gaming market, truly a classic series that IMHO will never be approach again.
Animo Et Fide