• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Pike and Shot : Campaigns
01-27-2017, 12:56 PM,
Pike and Shot : Campaigns
Just found this game on Steam, anyone have and play it?  Sort of looks like Empire Total War a bit.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/377520/
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2017, 04:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-27-2017, 04:45 PM by Aces8.)
RE: Pike and Shot : Campaigns
I bought the game in the Matrix winter sale. Haven't had the time to really explore it to much due to family, work, etc. I played some of the Jacobin scenario's by Paul59 and the tutorial. It plays like a table top miniature game. Check out Doug's blog:

https://panzerde.blogspot.co.il/2016/12/...ghrim.html
01-28-2017, 08:03 AM,
All his pictures are broken. I watched a video of the game but wasn't sure if it was the way the video was done or what, but the graphics, especially the troops, look like sprites.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
01-28-2017, 10:05 PM,
(01-28-2017, 08:03 AM)Weasel Wrote: All his pictures are broken.  I watched a video of the game but wasn't sure if it was the way the video was done or what, but the graphics, especially the troops, look like sprites.

Might be a problem with your browser. I can see all the images on mine.  The game does use sprites.
01-29-2017, 05:45 AM,
Probably stupid security setting, try to make your browser secure and all it does it make it not function, like NO SCRIPT, might as well call it NO BROWSE.
02-25-2017, 09:25 AM,
It's not a bad game, particularly when playing the community made scenarios. It's really an evolution of the Fields of Glory miniatures rules, specifically FoG: Renaissance. There are certainly some things to quibble with, like the lack of leaders, and the fact that units both move and fire farther than they really should, but it's fun to play both solo and PBEM.

There are a lot of community created scenarios now, too.
04-18-2017, 04:40 AM,
(02-25-2017, 09:25 AM)panzerde Wrote: It's not a bad game, particularly when playing the community made scenarios. It's really an evolution of the Fields of Glory miniatures rules, specifically FoG: Renaissance. There are certainly some things to quibble with, like the lack of leaders, and the fact that units both move and fire farther than they really should, but it's fun to play both solo and PBEM.

There are a lot of community created scenarios now, too.

It is not a bad game??? It has been years since I have had so much fun with a game.  The AI is very good but it really shines if you play the randomly generated, head to head, "PBEM" games.  It may not be quite as historically accurate as I would like but since it is so, so much fun, I give it a little leeway.