• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Does Anyone Remember These Old MC Scenarios?
01-08-2017, 01:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-08-2017, 02:40 PM by 2-81 Armor.)
Help  Does Anyone Remember These Old MC Scenarios?
I think I remember from years back a scenario (It may have been done by Mark Breed aka "Capt Cav") using one of the Modern Campaigns games, and he was depicting a NATO-WP war in the late 1940's or maybe the 1950's in which mostly WW 2 equipment was used. I recall it was at one time posted up in the scenarios section, but that was so long ago, it's been taken down as the site has evolved.

Just wondering if anyone else remembers this? Or has a copy? I could be wrong entirely, and I wish I'd been smart enough to get and save a copy then.

For that matter, I wonder if anyone has a copy of the early "Bolt Out The Blue" scenarios that Tazaaron did using North German Plain as the base game, or the early versions of Danube Front? I recall most units were companies and not KG's as they are in his last version.

I've tried the Wayback Machine looking for these, but so far no success.

I get nostalgic every now and then Rolling Eyes
Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2017, 02:38 PM,
RE: Does Anyone Remember These Old MC Scenarios?
I remember the one that I believe you mean, but took a look and couldn't find it. I am not 100% sure it was a MC game, I know somebody did some hypothetical ones using a random east front map around various situations not related to the map. I don't think that is the case here however.

I will add anything loaded in the DB is still there in one form or another, although some of Mark's I think, were removed outside of a placeholder, I just found, as they had games reported.

I don't have a copy of Mark's either way.

For Bolt out of the Blue, there is still an active thread about it with a link from this summer where Strela/David posted it up, on this page: https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...44&page=14. There are some issues with the scenario in Danube Front, not sure if it got resolved but probably some variation of PDT or other files being out of sync with the latest DF updates.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
Quote this message in a reply