• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How does the Highlight Higher Org button work?
01-05-2017, 12:46 PM,
Help  How does the Highlight Higher Org button work?
Sorry Im not trying to be obtuse about this but if I select a unit and click the 'Highlight Higher Org' button shouldn't it highlight the units HQ? Or if I highlight an HQ shouldn't it highlight the next higher HQ?

I read the section in pzb.pdf, and tested it but couldn't figure it out.
The 'Highlight Ord' button works fine BTW.
I don't think its a bug, but something Im not understanding.
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2017, 09:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-05-2017, 09:02 PM by Strela.)
RE: How does the Highlight Higher Org button work?
(01-05-2017, 12:46 PM)blond_knight Wrote: Sorry Im not trying to be obtuse about this but if I select a unit and click the 'Highlight Higher Org' button shouldn't it highlight the units HQ? Or if I highlight an HQ shouldn't it highlight the next higher HQ?

Hi,

Yes it's not the most intuitive of implementations. It has always been in game just never easily available.

Essentially if you select say an infantry platoon, hitting higher org once will highlight the other platoons that make up the associated infantry company. If you hit the button again, all the units in the associated battalion will be highlighted. Hitting it again will highlight the regiment, then division etc. This will continue until you have highlighted at the highest command level on the map and it will then cycle back to the infantry company on the next press.

Essentially its a quick way to highlight units beyond the highlight (local) organisation.

Hope that makes sense,

David

PS And welcome to theBlitz!
01-05-2017, 10:35 PM,
RE: How does the Highlight Higher Org button work?
(01-05-2017, 09:01 PM)Strela Wrote:
(01-05-2017, 12:46 PM)blond_knight Wrote: Sorry Im not trying to be obtuse about this but if I select a unit and click the 'Highlight Higher Org' button shouldn't it highlight the units HQ? Or if I highlight an HQ shouldn't it highlight the next higher HQ?

Hi,

Yes it's not the most intuitive of implementations. It has always been in game just never easily available.

Essentially if you select say an infantry platoon, hitting higher org once will highlight the other platoons that make up the associated infantry company. If you hit the button again, all the units in the associated battalion will be highlighted. Hitting it again will highlight the regiment, then division etc. This will continue until you have highlighted at the highest command level on the map and it will then cycle back to the infantry company on the next press.

Essentially its a quick way to highlight units beyond the highlight (local) organisation.

Hope that makes sense,

David

PS And welcome to theBlitz!

Ah OK that's what I was seeing then. OK thanks for the info.