• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The Biggest Fix I'd Like to See
12-09-2016, 08:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-09-2016, 08:06 AM by chrisp.)
The Biggest Fix I'd Like to See
Almost forgot.

The single biggest fix I'd like to see in the series is Pausable Replays.

Seems trivial, but if you get involved in a large email game, you don't start the replay (and some of the ACW ones I've played last 45 minutes) withot making sure you have a adequate block of free time and an empty bladder. My gosh, the phone rings in the other room, what are you gonna do?

I would like replays to be like a tape, with fast forward, reverse, etc. but for gosh sakes, I'd settle for pausable.

Chris Perleber
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2016, 06:20 PM,
RE: The Biggest Fix I'd Like to See
+1. I wonder would it be so difficult? In the PC series there is - I only recently discovered - the ability to step through the replay (ie pause it) by disabling 'On map Results' when playing the AI. That would simply need to be ported over and adapted to work in PBEM too. 'Simply' - yeah, David? Lol.

Peter
12-10-2016, 12:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-10-2016, 12:20 AM by Ricky B.)
Peter that does work with PBEM too, but it requires your opponent to play the turn with on map results off, as you noted with the AI. That does add a complication requiring Ok for each fire though, too.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
12-10-2016, 07:51 AM,
Personally I'd like to see it in all the Tiller games!
12-10-2016, 08:43 AM,
The SSG games have a nice solution for PBEM playback pause that uses the spacebar to continue to the next combat.
12-15-2016, 12:49 AM,
OK. Thanks RickyB.

Peter