• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Save PzCampaigns!
12-07-2016, 02:37 AM,
Save PzCampaigns!
The way to do it, methinks, is to somehow design a BARBAROSSA game. Yes, a full scale, full map, June to January ostfront game. Unplayable? Probably, but you gotta' know just about everyone will buy it!   Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2016, 03:01 AM,
RE: Save PzCampaigns!
YES!!!!! I would so buy that and find someone as crazy as me to embark on that adventure!!!!
12-07-2016, 03:28 AM,
(12-07-2016, 03:01 AM)larsonney Wrote: YES!!!!! I would so buy that and find someone as crazy as me to embark on that adventure!!!!

To simplify, the game might adopt some First World War Campaigns ideas; like no break down into companies for large Pz and inf battalions. Mex Big Grin
12-07-2016, 07:19 AM,
(12-07-2016, 02:37 AM)jonnymacbrown Wrote: The way to do it, methinks, is to somehow design a BARBAROSSA game. Yes, a full scale, full map, June to January ostfront game. Unplayable? Probably, but you gotta' know just about everyone will buy it!   Big Grin
+1
I think Mr Tiller missed the boat, I would use the same graphics but on the same scale as GMT's Barbarossa series.
12-07-2016, 08:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-07-2016, 08:20 AM by Strela.)
Trust me every gaming situation has been looked at and in some cases even started. If Barbarossa was done it would probably be 3 plus releases a little like the lead up to a Danube Front. The issue is, is it worth publishing a game that that would be 'unplayable'? Would many people be turned off by the fact they assume the Soviets would be steam rolled (not actually always the case?).

For me personally a better candidate for a multi title release was Operation Blue. I actually had done all the work for the northern sector of the campaign (the German drive to Voronezh) within the Operation Kreml OOB. Covering those battles down to Rostov and beyond to Stalingrad and onto the Caucasus would provide some interesting gaming, but one I would question played by very, very few.

As I said in my other post there are more titles than time and that will always continue to be the way...

David
12-07-2016, 08:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-07-2016, 02:15 PM by -72-. Edit Reason: added a link for reference to the GMT series )
(12-07-2016, 07:19 AM)Lowlander Wrote:
(12-07-2016, 02:37 AM)jonnymacbrown Wrote: The way to do it, methinks, is to somehow design a BARBAROSSA game. Yes, a full scale, full map, June to January ostfront game. Unplayable? Probably, but you gotta' know just about everyone will buy it!   Big Grin
+1
I think Mr Tiller missed the boat, I would use the same graphics but on the same scale as GMT's Barbarossa series.

Strategic War (The First Blitz, and the Med title) is at that same scale iirc (if not then it is 6 miles per hex instead of the 5 miles I think that von Borries' series uses). Not sure about 'missing the boat' considering that GMT has not actually released a campaign scenario that combines AGN, AGC, and AGS, let alone the other titles. I mean this in the sense that they are talking about making a single set of consolidated rules for all three and I think including Typhoon.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamefamil...ont-series
Send this user an email