• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Saris III - a beautiful-looking battle
12-09-2016, 12:28 AM,
RE: Saris III - a beautiful-looking battle
These threads are indicative of the problems with trying to search for scenarios in the database. I quit using the search a long time ago, with the * and **, only confusing matters. I'm not complaining though, this site is too good for such a minor problem to spoil it.

So 'Operation Saris III' , no * or ** in front, does indeed exist in the East Front Scenario directory, ready for download.

Who is ready for battle?!
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2016, 04:33 AM,
(12-09-2016, 12:28 AM)Tankertony Wrote: These threads are indicative of the problems with trying to search for scenarios in the database. I quit using the search a long time ago, with the * and **, only confusing matters. I'm not complaining though, this site is too good for such a minor problem to spoil it.

So 'Operation Saris III' , no * or ** in front, does indeed exist in the East Front Scenario directory, ready for download.

A better way to search is to limit the field, so instead of searching for "Operation Saris III", I did a search for "Saris". Worked right off, but yes, had there been a *SARIS or **SARIS, that wouldn't have worked, since the asterisks would be considered part of the word.

So, who IS ready for battle? (I have to pass, no time.) 

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
12-13-2016, 04:41 PM,
(12-09-2016, 12:28 AM)Tankertony Wrote: These threads are indicative of the problems with trying to search for scenarios in the database. I quit using the search a long time ago, with the * and **, only confusing matters. I'm not complaining though, this site is too good for such a minor problem to spoil it.

Funny I typed in Saris, as you suggested and it did not take me to the EF but to WF Saris II