• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Map Expansion
12-06-2016, 06:51 AM,
RE: Map Expansion
I for one wish that JTS would just go ahead and sell a map editor for PZC--I would certainly buy it. The team is focused on Panzer Battles for now, and that's fine, but in the meantime why let PzC wither on the vine? Help keep it fresh by releasing the map editor, so that people can tinker around.

I recall reading people here saying that releasing a map editor would "kill" PzC, but I couldn't disagree more--the talents that the team brings to the games is much more than just maps, but rather the graphics, OOBs, etc. So allowing people to play around with maps hardly means that no one would buy new games when/if they come out.
Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2016, 07:25 AM,
Speaking of tinkering around with maps, can anyone tell which map this is?

[Image: PzC%20Mod.bmp]
12-06-2016, 08:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-06-2016, 08:35 AM by chrisp.)
[Image: Image1.jpg]
(12-06-2016, 07:25 AM)76mm Wrote: Speaking of tinkering around with maps, can anyone tell which map this is?

[Image: PzC%20Mod.bmp]
Now cut that out!! No doubt you get to use the map editor under license. Attached is the best I've done so far -- Blonville to Trouville. Slow goigin.
12-06-2016, 08:47 AM,
(12-06-2016, 06:51 AM)76mm Wrote: I for one wish that JTS would just go ahead and sell a map editor for PZC--I would certainly buy it.  The team is focused on Panzer Battles for now, and that's fine, but in the meantime why let PzC wither on the vine?  Help keep it fresh by releasing the map editor, so that people can tinker around.  

I recall reading people here saying that releasing a map editor would "kill" PzC, but I couldn't disagree more--the talents that the team brings to the games is much more than just maps, but rather the graphics, OOBs, etc.  So allowing people to play around with maps hardly means that no one would buy new games when/if they come out.

I'd certainly be willing to pay for the map editor, even at an asking price of more than a brand new PzC/MC game.

I'll second the motion that such a product wouldn't "kill" the series. I do believe the effect would be positive, might just increase sales, and make PzC/MC into a sort of "The Operational Art of War (TOAW)" with many new and varied scenarios being done for the different titles. I know I have a lot of ideas, and I'll bet a many others do too.

Maybe someone higher up will consider this. We can hope.
12-06-2016, 08:55 AM,
Map editor sure hasn't killed the Campaign Series!! People still making scenario's all the time!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
12-06-2016, 03:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-06-2016, 03:45 PM by 76mm.)
[quote pid='417195' dateline='1480977136']
Now cut that out!! No doubt you get to use the map editor under license. 
[/quote]
Heh, no, I don't have access to any kind of map editor, licensed or home-baked. This is a "fantasy mod" of an existing map (changed graphics, place names).

I'd actually like to create a "strategic layer" for PzC games which allows you to create new units and change game parameters (rail capacity, air capabilities, etc) during a (long) campaign.  Since it is only an issue of manipulating text files, I don't think it would be very difficult, although I have not actually gotten very far.

Awesome job on your work, someday I'd like to be able to do the same.