• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Aide de memoir
11-30-2016, 01:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-01-2016, 05:31 AM by Weasel.)
Aide de memoir
Here is a WitE Aide de memoir compiled from the suggestions in the condensed rules pdf, following the author's suggestions.  I did not include the turn sequence since there is nothing one can do with that, it is automated.  One thing that is missing that I cannot find is the way to have HQs display a line between them and their units, I know it exists, have used it, but can't find it.

***The memoir posted by Gris is much nicer looking, same information, but prettier.  I have removed my attempt.***
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
11-30-2016, 02:29 PM,
RE: Aide de memoir
Excellent. If you like, post it in the sticky thread with Gris' flow. I think it would be good to keep there.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
11-30-2016, 02:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-30-2016, 02:37 PM by Weasel.)
(11-30-2016, 02:29 PM)Ricky B Wrote: Excellent. If you like, post it in the sticky thread with Gris' flow. I think it would be good to keep there.

Rick
Roger last.  Out.

***hmm, I can't seem to figure out how to just select a single post and stick it, can only do entire thread***.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
11-30-2016, 02:41 PM,
Same here, I had to create a new thread last night for Gris's info. I was thinking you could add your document as a second post to that entire thread, which is stickied. I can change the name if needed too.
[Image: exercise.png]
11-30-2016, 03:03 PM,
(11-30-2016, 01:17 PM)Weasel Wrote: Here is a WitE Aide de memoir compiled from the suggestions in the condensed rules pdf, following the author's suggestions.  I did not include the turn sequence since there is nothing one can do with that, it is automated.  One thing that is missing that I cannot find is the way to have HQs display a line between them and their units, I know it exists, have used it, but can't find it.

Hi Weasel,

It is Shift- Z. Toggle command links. Invaluable to playing to the game.

Attached is a PDF containing the recommended charts listed in the condensed rules. Similar to the memoir. (Full disclosure: I did not make that list, the original author did. I simply took his recommendations and created a PDF). Mine is cut and pasted from the rules, and cleaned up. I have it in a google doc if someone would like to combine the two and make a super doc with the best of both.

Hope this helps.

Attached Files
.pdf   WITECharts.pdf (Size: 646.85 KB / Downloads: 8)
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris
12-01-2016, 05:26 AM,
The SHIFT-Z is missing from the WITE official rules! Your PDF has everything the one I put together has, and looks better.
12-01-2016, 06:03 AM,
(12-01-2016, 05:26 AM)Weasel Wrote: The SHIFT-Z is missing from the WITE official rules!  Your PDF has everything the one I put together has, and looks better.

Hi Weasel,

Putting these together has help me learn the game. Glad to hear it helps. 

I try and add things as I go along, at  least the stuff worth remembering.
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris