• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

1.02a Patch for Normandy & Kursk
12-21-2016, 12:41 PM,
Help  RE: 1.02a Patch for Normandy & Kursk
(12-16-2016, 09:06 PM)AusRotten Wrote: Thanks!
I have hit major snag with up grade 1.2a. Everything was fine until I downloaded the upgrade. Now everything seems to work in the new upgrade format except that the email facility is defective. I cannot close a finished move and send it to my opponent and neither can I open a file that is sent to me by my opponent.I can save a file and reopen it and it appears in saves but not in the main body of the files. When an opponent sends a turn by email it appears, after I have saved it in the main body of the game file but I cannot open it. I have deleted the entire game and re downloaded from my downloads with the same result. I would appreciate help to get around this problem Crazy
Quote this message in a reply
12-21-2016, 02:02 PM,
RE: 1.02a Patch for Normandy & Kursk
Unless I am getting my various versions mixed up, the latest update changes the file structure. Save games need to go into the new Saves folder, rather than the main game folder unlike before. Does this explain things? Otherwise, if you are saving the turn from your opponent to the Saves folder and it won't open, what exactly happens when you try?

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
12-21-2016, 08:37 PM,
Yes, reading your note Barbarrossa it looks like you are putting/looking for save files in the main directory. They will save in the save directory and any received file must be placed there as well too work.

Let us know if placing files in the Save directory or sending them from there solved you issues?

David
12-22-2016, 03:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-22-2016, 03:55 AM by Don Czirr.)
David and Co,

Not sure if this was covered elsewhere or if there are instructions I am not aware of - but could you advise as to whether some arrangement has been made (or could be made) to assign specific colors to an organization's divisional colors?

In Panzer Campaigns I had to fiddle constantly with the OOB editor and call units things like 5th Guards Tank555

in order to change the colors so they did not result in Easter Basket colors of Lime green, Purple, hot pink etc ....

Ideally, I'd like to see some facility "in-game" to change this but if not, could we get a function in the editor to select from a specific choice in a palette ?

Thanks
Don
Send this user an email
12-22-2016, 05:17 AM,
(12-21-2016, 08:37 PM)Strela Wrote: Yes, reading your note Barbarrossa it looks like you are putting/looking for save files in the main directory. They will save in the save directory and any received file must be placed there as well too work.

Let us know if placing files in the Save directory or sending them from there solved you issues?

David

Thank you and Rick

for prompt replies.I have done as you suggested and I have been able to open the turns in email and will await replies if I can send them correctly.If this is hopefully the case, problem solved.
I have played these games for many years, and have not used the save files before just the main directory. Farmer .
12-22-2016, 05:37 AM,
(12-22-2016, 05:17 AM)Barbarross Wrote: I have played these games for many years, and have not used the save files before just the main directory. Farmer .

The Saves folder is new, as are several other folders.  This aims to unclutter the top-level game folder.  It's tidier that way, and has other benefits.