• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Adjusted MapMod Mod
11-22-2016, 02:45 AM,
b_Exclamation Mark  Adjusted MapMod Mod
Hi
The intention of this mod is to enable you to keep using Jison's MapMod that got incompatible because of the recent official patches for Kharkov '43 & Moscow '42 that made changes to the graphic files so that they are not interchangeably with the MapMod anymore .

Now right away so you know it, my mod also changes some things that I always consider unfavorable in the original MapMod:
- Coloring of hexes changed to the old green to brow color range, the coloring from deep blue to purple never looked map like.
- Embedded hex borders removed, you still can use the in-game hex border function if you need to.
- Used the alternative map symbols of the MapMod, the symbols in PC are not as important as in the FWWC series so the alternatives that Jison provided are much better suited for the PC series.
- Shading graphic changed, this allows more visibility under the shaded areas.
- River & canal are redrawn to a dark color, that makes them stand out more as they are major obstacles.
Detailed changes can be found the in Readme-Changelog.txt of my mod.

Any feedback is welcome.

Attached Files
.zip   Adjusted MapMod Mod.zip (Size: 575.93 KB / Downloads: 58)
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2016, 01:02 AM,
RE: Adjusted MapMod Mod
As the original MapMod webpage was taken down, here a link to an archived version were you can still download all mods.
http://web.archive.org/web/2016032108314.../index.htm
12-12-2016, 02:52 AM,
RE: Adjusted MapMod Mod
(12-04-2016, 01:02 AM)BigDuke66 Wrote: As the original MapMod webpage was taken down, here a link to an archived version were you can still download all mods.
http://web.archive.org/web/2016032108314.../index.htm

Thanks for posting both your modification and the link to archive.org. Very helpful!