• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

1.02 patch for Panzer Battles Normandy - Released
11-17-2016, 09:28 PM,
RE: 1.02 patch for Panzer Battles Normandy - Released
(11-17-2016, 01:55 PM)Ricky B Wrote:
(11-16-2016, 11:24 PM)RichG Wrote: In the Omaha scenarios some of the American infantry and mortars are spawning in the sea on arrival (and can't move).  Is this correct?  
The units can be picked up by empty landing craft and transported in to shore, so I'm guessing this is to simulate troops whose craft have been sunk and are left swimming.  But just want to check....

Hi Rich

You are 100% correct. I wanted the initial landings on Omaha to be a confused mess, and used scatter to do so. This results in some units landing on the beach instead of the shallows (landed a few minutes early) and others scattering out to sea. As you suggest, my thought was they were in damaged craft and had to await pickup, and hence the empty landing craft scattered about.

I didn't do that on the other beaches as they weren't quite as mixed up, but I thought it really played well on Omaha that way.

Rick

Thanks for the response Rick.  It does indeed play well, if rather torturous  Helmet Smile.  One of the harder small scenarios, but lots of fun.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1.02 patch for Panzer Battles Normandy - Released - by RichG - 11-17-2016, 09:28 PM