• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

1.02 patch for Panzer Battles Normandy - Released
11-17-2016, 02:03 AM,
RE: 1.02 patch for Panzer Battles Normandy - Released
David:

I had asked a question in another thread about disruption in terms of high losses for a unit and you replied in part:

"A lot of the conversations here are around losses vs disruptions etc, We won't be changing anything until we get some decent logging mechanisms that allow us to understand how the code handles these things.

John writes REALLY solid code, but you have to understand there are some segments that are approaching 20 years old. One example, we queried the combat report that appears when you turn the 'On Map' results off. Ricky B, Chris Haigh and I tried to reconcile the values we were calculating to what was being shown. Guess what - they didn't align. The code worked properly but the reporting didn't. We want to understand how the code works and then run a decent number of simulations to understand the range of values generated. Berto is building a logging system so we can understand how the code works, where the bugs are and then to run multiple simulations with it.

We don't want to start changing things in the depths of the code until we understand it and even then we find that tweaking values in the parameter files may give us what we're looking for. This really is a feature rich engine and we want to really understand it before making any significant changes."

So I am just wondering has the team thought about this and decided on any changes. Thanks again,

Gerry
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1.02 patch for Panzer Battles Normandy - Released - by GerryM - 11-17-2016, 02:03 AM