• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

1.02 patch for Panzer Battles Normandy - Released
11-17-2016, 07:46 PM,
RE: 1.02 patch for Panzer Battles Normandy - Released
Quick question. Is it true that a few more tweaks will be made to the patch and this will be coming out in the next few days?
Quote this message in a reply
11-17-2016, 09:28 PM,
(11-17-2016, 01:55 PM)Ricky B Wrote:
(11-16-2016, 11:24 PM)RichG Wrote: In the Omaha scenarios some of the American infantry and mortars are spawning in the sea on arrival (and can't move).  Is this correct?  
The units can be picked up by empty landing craft and transported in to shore, so I'm guessing this is to simulate troops whose craft have been sunk and are left swimming.  But just want to check....

Hi Rich

You are 100% correct. I wanted the initial landings on Omaha to be a confused mess, and used scatter to do so. This results in some units landing on the beach instead of the shallows (landed a few minutes early) and others scattering out to sea. As you suggest, my thought was they were in damaged craft and had to await pickup, and hence the empty landing craft scattered about.

I didn't do that on the other beaches as they weren't quite as mixed up, but I thought it really played well on Omaha that way.

Rick

Thanks for the response Rick.  It does indeed play well, if rather torturous  Helmet Smile.  One of the harder small scenarios, but lots of fun.
11-17-2016, 10:14 PM,
(11-17-2016, 07:46 PM)GerryM Wrote: Quick question. Is it true that a few more tweaks will be made to the patch and this will be coming out in the next few days?

GerryM,

Probably next week to fix bugs only. There is an issue with the Campaign system that prevents saves loading (another folder issue) as well as the sort by length etc. We are also cleaning up the installer. No new features.

David
11-17-2016, 10:16 PM,
(11-17-2016, 09:28 PM)RichG Wrote:
(11-17-2016, 01:55 PM)Ricky B Wrote:
(11-16-2016, 11:24 PM)RichG Wrote: In the Omaha scenarios some of the American infantry and mortars are spawning in the sea on arrival (and can't move).  Is this correct?  
The units can be picked up by empty landing craft and transported in to shore, so I'm guessing this is to simulate troops whose craft have been sunk and are left swimming.  But just want to check....

Hi Rich

You are 100% correct. I wanted the initial landings on Omaha to be a confused mess, and used scatter to do so. This results in some units landing on the beach instead of the shallows (landed a few minutes early) and others scattering out to sea. As you suggest, my thought was they were in damaged craft and had to await pickup, and hence the empty landing craft scattered about.

I didn't do that on the other beaches as they weren't quite as mixed up, but I thought it really played well on Omaha that way.

Rick

Thanks for the response Rick.  It does indeed play well, if rather torturous  Helmet Smile.  One of the harder small scenarios, but lots of fun.

RichG/All,

Also have a look at the new version of Omaha done by Chris Haigh. Chris is a bit of a Normandy expert and he has revised the beach layout and defenses to reflect his understanding of the action. It's definitely very hard for the US forces - but also a very interesting challenge!

David
11-18-2016, 08:34 PM,
The setting of enable/disable "labels" and "map contourns" is not memorized once you exit the game. Please, make it possible for the next update.
11-20-2016, 05:47 PM,
map contours

+1, would love to have this toggle setting memorised.
11-21-2016, 05:31 AM,
(11-20-2016, 05:47 PM)Chris Merchant Wrote: map contours

+1, would love to have this toggle setting memorised.

All,

Though possible for a 1.03 patch we're only doing bug fixes for the 1.02 next version that should be available during the coming week.

We do not want to add new features right now that may break existing functionality - particularly as we have limited testing time before release.

David
11-26-2016, 10:04 PM,
Hello dear David.
Previously buttons can fit on a single line. And now two and this is inconvenient. How can I make one line?
Thanks for the answer.

[Image: dFuKu1a.png]
11-27-2016, 07:41 AM,
Look at the Settings-Toolbar - You will see five options: Classic Small, Classic Large, Standard Small, Standard Medium, and Standard Large.

On my computer I am using Classic Large and all the icons are on one line. The only time I see two lines of icons is when I use Standard Large and Standard Medium. I am on version 1.02.
11-27-2016, 09:48 AM,
Hi Adolf,

As Wildb said there are different choices under settings. The classic small are the original default choice.

What resolution are you running the game under?

David