• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Question Mark Icon on Map?
11-12-2016, 02:29 AM,
c_Question Mark  Question Mark Icon on Map?
Hi Guys

Was hoping somebody might be able to explain what the red question mark '?' icons are that appear on some of the maps in Battle for Normandy?  

I've not seen these in the Kursk game but they are on a few Normandy maps and even are present in some screenshots in the getting started guide, but there is no mention of their meaning or significance that I can find in any of the help files.

Thanks.
Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2016, 02:36 AM,
RE: Question Mark Icon on Map?
Intel. Possible position of enemy units, I believe.

Peter
11-12-2016, 04:37 AM,
Thanks Peter

That makes sense. I've just had a quick play through again of the first getting started scenario and the icons disappear once you've entered the hex.

Cheers
12-11-2016, 01:57 AM,
I notice that many units disappear completely as soon as they are not in sight. It seems like units that have been sighted should at least remain a question mark for a period of time or even the actual unit but greyed out for a period of turns. I realize they could move once out of sight but there should be some level of record that they at least were sighted at one time?
12-12-2016, 10:50 PM,
Agreed, Gary. With an option, perhaps - current intel, recent intel, old intel, no intel, for example. If it were just ghosts of past sightings it might clutter things v quickly, so the options would be important, I think. I find the maps often cluttered anyway, so I have to switch units off to see the terrain. A propos of that, I think it would be nice if the units were smaller and didn't occupy an entire hex. There is a mod to do this by removing the edges of the counters, but it doesn't look so good, I think, with the disrupt markers etc hanging in the air. Smaller counters would be a great option, I think.

Peter