• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

So you want to design a Wargame?
11-11-2016, 04:19 PM,
So you want to design a Wargame?
[Image: Blog%204%20-%201.png]

For all that may have missed it.

Here are the direct links to each of the entries for the ‘So you want to design a Wargame’ blog series;

1. So you want to design a Wargame? Link
  2. The German Order of Battle at Maleme, Crete Link
  3. The Allied Order of Battle at Maleme, Crete Link
  4. Mapping Maleme, Crete Link
  5. Unit Imagery for Maleme, Crete Link
  6. Vehicle Graphics for Maleme, Crete and Beyond Link
  7. Map Graphics for Maleme, Crete Link
  8. Scenario Creation for Maleme, Crete (Part One) Link
  9. Scenario Creation for Maleme, Crete (Part Two) Link
  10. Scenario Creation for Maleme, Crete (The Final Part) Link

Now to what is coming next…. Link

David
Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2016, 07:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-11-2016, 07:18 PM by Xaver.)
RE: So you want to design a Wargame?
Great, thanks a lot for the info, very instructive the spoiler area  Helmet Wink

I like the new objetive flag model (ala Jison mods) and the miniflag in the unit name area... a little question, miniflag in left or right is related with something??? i refer if have it on left or right is a nation question or a side in scen question... i think is more first because i asume that the flag is introduced as part of the unit box.

The battle of Hannut is a very good scen for demo, i play VS humans the PzC France40 scen and offer good options to both sides, as french is possible defeat german player if you manage well your armored forces and hold the river are on south... north area is going to see a heavy fight and french player is going to need a perfect timing and use of reserves... well first need create them Rifle4

The post-Kursk scen looks interesting... maybe east front could be expanded in PzB4... who knows but if you plan do this a good idea could be offer the options to have to cover in the title and explore what have more attractive for customers... a Stalingrad title is the most comercial but i think a title covering Budapest offer the atractive of late war title with axis lacking quality and fighting with new nations not covered in title (i know Rumania appears in Stalingrad but you have them in Budapest in allies side and you can add Hungarians).

PzB3... what i can say, the scen place the title in 1941 in Crudaser, a battle i prefer over El-Alamein (to Kursk style title, not bad but to much mines for my taste) and even Gazala... the atractive in Tobruk for me is the early Afrika Korps organization and well, the scape of Tobruk offer to option to have pure assault scens.

A little question, is possible offer in PzB3 a more "yellow" counter for italians??? i think they light orange could be used in other future new nations that appear in the serie... and well, add grey regular german army and use black for SS troops.

Thanks for the info, good luck and lets see if changes in Normandy dont affect my scens  Big Grin2
11-11-2016, 09:24 PM,
Hi Xaver,

As usual you're a good detective!

As far as the mini flag it is generally positioned to oppose the enemy. What does that mean? The Soviets are always on the left hand side (the same direction as their units point). The Germans are always on the right for the Eastern Front and the Desert, but the mini flag is on the left for Western Europe. So simply its placed on the side the unit is pointing. What it does mean is for the Germans in particular is that the same unit may point in opposite directions dependent on where it's fighting. This is all handled.

All the scenarios you mention already play very well. We're happy with them!

Finally, we have taken the Italian colour from Volcanoman's mods. The other nation using orange are the Dutch and they aren't in North Africa. Yellow has been reserved for a very martial Asian nation....

David
11-12-2016, 12:48 AM,
Very nice. Look forward to trying the Battle of Hannut. Also like that the Italian Army is getting more attention in the NA battles.
11-12-2016, 01:45 AM,
Thanks for the info, nice know about the miniflag placement.

Well, i know that yellow is going be for a more "yellow" nation but i allways try change some colours to adapt them to my taste and do it in PzB is like in PzC easy a simple copy paste of the counter area, the only problem is the colour... if demo is released with or pre PzB3 (well we can call it Crusader hehehe) i dont have problem in pick yellow counters and with the change in victory points art i can have now a better black SS counters.

I am curious if is planned a single release for demo or you are going to release it when at least 1 of the scens be ready.

The Crusader title looks so good that cant wait to play it... you need do like Matrix-Slitherine do and do somekind of beta test  Whistle

PD: you are going to do at least like with Normandy and offer a leak system to prepare us for game launch??? is incredible but PzB Normandy is going to have his first birthday  Birthday2