• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Manual Help
10-10-2016, 04:55 AM,
Manual Help
I recently purchased Panzer Battles: Normandy, but am having problems working through the User Manual. For example, on page 42 there is information about Firing. It refers to the "Firing Range item of the Range submenu of the View Menu" I have located the View Menu, but am not seeing a submenu titled Range. What am I missing?

Similarly, the View Menu is supposed to have a submenu "Highlight" with an item "Fired/Fought". I've found the Highlight submenu, but am not seeing a Fired/Fought item. Again, what am I doing wrong? I appreciate any help that can be provided.
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2016, 04:57 AM,
RE: Manual Help
[Image: b523f0b4b198212195206.0048890001326794896.gif]
10-10-2016, 05:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-10-2016, 05:50 AM by phoenix.)
(10-10-2016, 04:55 AM)tcarusil Wrote: I recently purchased Panzer Battles: Normandy, but am having problems working through the User Manual. For example, on page 42 there is information about Firing. It refers to the "Firing Range item of the Range submenu of the View Menu" I have located the View Menu, but am not seeing a submenu titled Range. What am I missing?

Similarly, the View Menu is supposed to have a submenu "Highlight" with an item "Fired/Fought". I've found the Highlight submenu, but am not seeing a Fired/Fought item. Again, what am I doing wrong? I appreciate any help that can be provided.

Hey Tcarusil. Hope you get to enjoy the game, eventually! I myself haven't really read the manual too well, I think, but maybe I can try to help.

As far as range goes, are you looking for max firing range for a unit? If so, first select a unit, then use the menu. See the pic below for where to find it: 

.gif   help 1.gif (Size: 261.73 KB / Downloads: 18)

For 'Fired/Fought' then are you trying to identify units which have used their movement points? Movement points get used, perhaps confusingly, by firing and/or moving. In the pic below you can see the menu location. You can also press the button by the yellow arrow in the pic below. Both of these will highlight all units that have used movement points, either by firing or movement. 

.gif   help 2.gif (Size: 426.29 KB / Downloads: 14)

Hope this helps a bit. 

Peter
10-10-2016, 09:40 AM,
(10-10-2016, 05:47 AM)phoenix Wrote:
(10-10-2016, 04:55 AM)tcarusil Wrote: I recently purchased Panzer Battles: Normandy, but am having problems working through the User Manual. For example, on page 42 there is information about Firing. It refers to the "Firing Range item of the Range submenu of the View Menu" I have located the View Menu, but am not seeing a submenu titled Range. What am I missing?

Hey Tcarusil. Hope you get to enjoy the game, eventually! I myself haven't really read the manual too well, I think, but maybe I can try to help.

As far as range goes, are you looking for max firing range for a unit? If so, first select a unit, then use the menu. See the pic below for where to find it: 

For 'Fired/Fought' then are you trying to identify units which have used their movement points? Movement points get used, perhaps confusingly, by firing and/or moving. In the pic below you can see the menu location. You can also press the button by the yellow arrow in the pic below. Both of these will highlight all units that have used movement points, either by firing or movement. 

Hope this helps a bit. 

Peter
Peter:

Thank you for the help. They should have had you write the manual. I never would have thought to use those features to find the firing information. The Manual seems to be very specific, but also very inaccurate. I will continue to muddle along. I hope the rest of the manual is not so confusing. Thanks again.
10-10-2016, 06:20 PM,
Have you updated to the latest patch? That includes revised manuals....

David
10-10-2016, 08:30 PM,
Be sure to review for "hot keys" as well. I believe "G" will show you hexes/locations a highlighted unit can fire into.