• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Bulge 44 Full Campaign
10-12-2016, 08:29 AM,
RE: Bulge 44 Full Campaign
(10-12-2016, 04:23 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: I think DD loses some of its effectiveness when the attacker is an experienced player as after many games you tend to get a gut feeling as to when units may be disrupted or when a units fatigue is so high it can be assaulted even when it is not disrupted.

DD is a feature was introduced only recently so if any titles were tested with this rule it will only be the last couple, the best way to check is if a title was tested with a particular optional rule then look at the default optional rule list and it will almost certainly be a default option if used in testing.

The problem is; if you guess wrong, the attacking unit(s) get blasted and lose 200+ fatigue points and are done for 3-4 days. Mex Big Grin  jonny
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2016, 10:18 AM,
(10-11-2016, 04:03 AM)jonnymacbrown Wrote: Delayed disruption should stop the offensive dead in its tracks. Rolling Eyes
Not happend to me. LOL

(10-12-2016, 04:23 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: I think DD loses some of its effectiveness when the attacker is an experienced player as after many games you tend to get a gut feeling as to when units may be disrupted or when a units fatigue is so high it can be assaulted even when it is not disrupted.
Exactly.

Quote:jonnymacbrown
The problem is; if you guess wrong, the attacking unit(s) get blasted and lose 200+ fatigue points and are done for 3-4 days. Mex Big Grin
You dont risk, you dont win. LOL
10-13-2016, 04:41 AM,
Unfortunately some players will not play enough games to gain the experience of the "black art" aspects of these titles, get frustrated at not being able to deal with what is not obvious and move on which is a pity as i found the process of learning how to deal with such situations through a number of scenarios against various opponents enjoyable rather than frustrating.

It does help to play opponents who are somewhat more knowledgeable than yourself if you want to become a more accomplished player. Wink
10-13-2016, 07:52 AM,
(10-13-2016, 04:41 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: Unfortunately some players will not play enough games to gain the experience of the "black art" aspects of these titles, get frustrated at not being able to deal with what is not obvious and move on which is a pity as i found the process of learning how to deal with such situations through a number of scenarios against various opponents enjoyable rather than frustrating.

It does help to play opponents who are somewhat more knowledgeable than yourself if you want to become a more accomplished player. Wink

What is "black art?" I've never heard of this. jonny
10-14-2016, 04:17 AM,
"In technical things, if something is complex, it can be referred to as a "black art", meaning too complicated to understand."
10-14-2016, 07:17 AM,
(10-14-2016, 04:17 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: "In technical things, if something is complex, it can be referred to as a "black art", meaning too complicated to understand."
Yeah well, this isn't that complicated. In a Bulge campaign scenario it would be impossible for any player to cross the Meuse, or get anywhere near it, against a competent opponent using DD. I can see DD working in games like Kursk or Smolensk campaign where it is known that the attack will inevitably succeed, but in B44, or F40 or F14, you name it, it's not going to work. That is my opinion anyway.  jonny Mex Big Grin