• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Achieving True Red
10-02-2016, 02:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-02-2016, 02:09 PM by -72-.)
RE: Achieving True Red
(10-02-2016, 02:26 AM)Don Czirr Wrote: Thanks for the info guys. I was unaware of being able to use up to 24 bit.

I have Corel Draw 7 so I'll try to enhance with that.

I was not sure how intense you could get with a .bmp - which is what I assume that you need to keep the file name specified as?

Or is there a setting somewhere that you could modify  to tell the PzC program to use a JPEG instead ?

At this point it has to be a bmp format. It also can't be a 32 bit bmp, either as I've tried that one out and it doesn't recognise  the alpha channel.

The issue about intensity is really the alpha channel (or put another way - the true transparency - so you don't have to work off of the equivalent of a green screen.).  I was able to 'cheat' a bit on a mod I did for the Strategic Warfare series -in that those maps are built a bit differently than the others- whereby you aren't really concerned about an elevation difference like you would be in the more tactical settings.

As far as colours go -you have a lot to choose from and they will show up. Many of the titles' material has been done in 8 bit (even the new Napoleonic title), and that's something that I understand is looked at being changed over- but I don't know the specifics myself at this point.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2016, 03:25 PM,
RE: Achieving True Red
Thanks for the additional information David and Trauth.

After playing around a bit and getting closer to the Red I was seeking, I realized that the failure was a perception issue on my part.

What I was looking to do was similar to what is seen here for Soviet counters:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3565992

But after playing around further, I found that it was not the base colors that were lacking but rather the Unit and number coloring (Yellows, Whites)  that provided contrast to the base Red and made the whole thing "come alive".

At this stage, it is beyond my skill and gaming time allowance to attempt such a challenging modification - so I will keep the "near red" that I have now.

That's unless talented folks like yourselves choose to take up the cause ...     Wink
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply