• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Dev's shameless plug for his new scenario
09-21-2016, 10:11 AM,
My 2 Cents  Dev's shameless plug for his new scenario
Big Grin 
Well now... are you boys just frolicking in the mud and just taking it easy? Fat old sows...

PATHETIC.. Jester

Come and get a real game going here, one that takes 2+ hours to do a move (3.5 solo) because you have so many options and decisions to make.. and I do mean "Lots" of choices...

Excuses that it's Fictional..  Really?  What other scenario lets you use Comets against Panthers? Wanna see how well a T26 platoon holds up against some King Tigers? Have you had the opportunity to take veteran US troops into action yet? Vet SS are serious...shreks and Piats are sneaky lil feckers... artillery rounds that take 60 to 100 kills? Hahahah You've yet to suffer then..

Found out that the Free French can kick some SS ass, the Bulgarians suck, the Hungarians can stand up against regulars and the Vichy French and Italians are good for guard duty... ROTFLMAO

So in my advertising... I'd really like to see some of you large scenario Players give this one a spin.. I will promise you that for at least 25 turns .. YOU WILL BE ENTERTAINED!  and after that you'll be trying to survive and hold on to whatever VPs you took, especially if you have a casualty rate like Pzap and I have after 25 turns: 3997 allied losses to 4019 axis and we're still at a draw..and we're STILL bringing divisions onto the map.

Soap Box   Am also looking for someone to play a teamer of this too, 2x2 would be awesome, 3x3 would just be great!

Dev
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
Quote this message in a reply
09-21-2016, 04:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-21-2016, 04:30 PM by zap.)
RE: Dev's shameless plug for his new scenario
Will join my voice to Randy's about this scenario being very good(IMHO). The entertainment/enjoyment level is very high. High anxiety as well. You move forward to advance only to be met by more troops to stop you. Large variety of troops and nations.
Multitude of choices to make. Use smoke (400 available) can change the way things go. Employ your air to stop the advance.
The scenario has a great replayability

All the hypothetical scenarios you find in the Blitz data base for CS, I guess you could call them fantasy, but yet if they are well made you would be missing out if you dismiss them so easily. This scenario is up there with the best of them. I've played Jason Petho's  Hypothetical Sea lion scenario. It is one that keeps you on your guard throughout. Really very good scenario.
Well Randy's scenario is at this high level.

I would like to play in a team game of this scenario.
09-24-2016, 10:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-24-2016, 10:22 AM by Tankertony.)
I"m certainly interested in giving this one a shot. But I don't see anywhere in your post where you name the scenario.
Also, is it ready for ladder battles or still a work in progress?
09-24-2016, 03:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-24-2016, 09:03 PM by zap.)
(09-24-2016, 10:22 AM)Tankertony Wrote: I"m certainly interested in giving this one a shot. But I don't see anywhere in your post where you name the scenario.
Also, is it ready for ladder battles or still a work in progress?

Its called (Die Bruken [the bridges] 2.01) and it is a West Front Scenario. Its in the data base on the blitz. So you can register Win/loss on the ladder.
He wrote this in another thread as far as it being finished. You can find the last fixes on page 3.
https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=69788
09-25-2016, 01:41 AM,
I will give it a shot.Can you send me the files? The one I have has a few bugs.
09-25-2016, 05:32 AM,
Version 2.01 is current, that version is on the Blitz server for downloading in the scenario listings, and very playable.

However, I was contemplating on putting out an update in October sometime (possibly a week or 2 from now) that corrects the map issues and some releases that have been found, it will also feature an updated OOB file to boost some fighting abilities of the minor powers.

You may want to wait for that file.
I will post when it is ready

Dev
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
10-08-2016, 10:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-08-2016, 10:28 AM by RedDevil. Edit Reason: 2 attachments )

.zip   bridges2.02.zip (Size: 382.17 KB / Downloads: 10)
Fellows,

I have uploaded version 2.02 of Die Brucken into the database.  It is also attached in this post
All of the changes are simply map errors and unit release mistakes and I named the leaders a bit more, hoping I don't have many duplicates still, but I'm sure they'll be some  

I won't update this any more until I have several games reported, so I can see where the VPs roam.

I'd be happy to accommodate a few folks for a team game as well. If there's some takers let me know, I'm certain Pzap will play :)
10-08-2016, 03:29 PM,
(10-08-2016, 10:28 AM)RedDevil Wrote: Fellows,

I have uploaded version 2.02 of Die Brucken into the database.  It is also attached in this post
All of the changes are simply map errors and unit release mistakes and I named the leaders a bit more, hoping I don't have many duplicates still, but I'm sure they'll be some  

I won't update this any more until I have several games reported, so I can see where the VPs roam.

I'd be happy to accommodate a few folks for a team game as well. If there's some takers let me know, I'm certain Pzap will play :)

I'm available for a team game.
10-09-2016, 01:51 AM,
I'm ready to go.
10-12-2016, 09:26 AM,
Great Kt! That makes us 3 .. Anyone else want to tango and make it a 2X2?

Dev