• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Attachments question - help?
09-25-2016, 01:46 AM,
Attachments question - help?
Playing First Alamein. Can anyone help with this technical question? I want to strip all my 6 pounders out of their parent divisions and either attach them to an armoured division nearer where the Axis armour is, or operate them as some kind of independent force (for AT use). Corps attachments exists, I see - but I don't want to bring all the other assets in their various divisions with them. I want to take just the 6 pounders. Is there any way anyone knows that I can mass my 6 pounders a long way outside the normal command (supply) range of their parent divisions and still keep them in supply? 

For instance, the parent division is 7th armoured, and its parent is XXX Corps. If I move the 6 pounders out of command range of 7th armoured, but keep them in command range of XXX Corps do they still get supplied?

Thanks,

Peter
Quote this message in a reply
09-25-2016, 01:35 PM,
RE: Attachments question - help?
No Peter, only Divisions can be assigned to new corps in PzC, so without a heavily customized OOB, this can't be done.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
09-25-2016, 06:35 PM,
Thanks Ricky B.

And do you happen to know the answer to the supplementary question? Which was;

'For instance, the parent division is 7th armoured, and its parent is XXX Corps. If I move the 6 pounders out of command range of 7th armoured, but keep them in command range of XXX Corps do they still get supplied?'

Peter
09-25-2016, 08:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-25-2016, 08:39 PM by Mr Grumpy.)
They will still be in supply (assuming you are using default supply rules and not explicit supply) but will suffer the effects of being "detached" (out of the command range) of their parent HQ, you have effectively "broken" the chain of command to these units by using them outside the command range of their parent HQ and keeping them within the range of the next HQ up the chain (XXX Corps) will not fix this.
09-26-2016, 01:48 AM,
And in addition, while the units will be "in supply", which for PzC basically means they have to pass an ammo or fuel (since not foot class) check at some point if the units move/fire, and can do that while out of command range, if they do go low fuel or ammo, they will be much less likely to recover from that while out of command range.
[Image: exercise.png]
09-26-2016, 03:15 AM,
Great. Thanks both. V helpful.

Peter
09-28-2016, 12:56 AM,
I'd sure like to see the day where you can detach any and all units even when broken down into companies. That would provide flexibility for crating TFs and KGs and also take care of units that have been separated from their divisions like the 112 rgt from 28 division during Bulge and then again the remaining rgt of 106 div along with 112 being attached to 7 arm for awhile. Those kind of details should be considered for the games. At least for those countries that practiced that.