• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Little something for Moscow '42/Kharkov '43
09-27-2016, 07:43 AM,
RE: Little something for Moscow '42/Kharkov '43
Well ... good things are worth waiting for ....

I completely sympathize on funds for games quandary .... rather high up on my winning Lottery fantasy priority list is to completely buy out the full line of JTS titles ....
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
09-27-2016, 09:29 AM,
Hey Don, which do you think is the best of the two?
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
09-27-2016, 01:04 PM,
Depends on what you're into or what mood you're in.

When I want something that has a bunch of smallish scenarios, I'll go for K42.

It has a good mix of lighter weight scenarios - some with Germans on the offensive - some with the Soviets.

At times, I find this invaluable, if I want a small, manageable battle that does not require month long time investments but at the same time has enough "meat" to keep it interesting.

On the other hand, Budapest '45 has good medium to large size scenarios with interesting historical units such as the Death's Head and the Wiking division.

The medium / large scenarios have lots of rough terrain to cover and many Soviet units to kill. As you get past turn 20, it turns into a very interesting study of how much you can push these "Super Units" before Fatigue takes its toll. And then you'll have to attempt mastering the art of cycling units out to rest while not losing the initiative / key positions at the front.

In some of my games, just as the 2 big SS units were getting tired, the Soviets started releasing some major forces from the back lines. That made for some nail-biting adventures on that part of the front ...

One other consideration may be whether you're in the mood for Winter scenery or summer terrain.

On my Facebook page, I have some fairly extensive screens in both the "Operation Konrad" and "Kharkov 42" albums.

Give them a quick glance if you want - they should give you a feel on the atmosphere of the 2 games.
Send this user an email
09-28-2016, 07:42 AM,
Cool, thanks for that, will take a peek!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/