• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Op Fire Problem
08-19-2016, 12:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-19-2016, 01:05 AM by Scud.)
Op Fire Problem
I just finished playing a fun scenario vs my brother. At the end he told me: "my tanks were all set to no opportunity fire and I couldn’t change them." The scenario is Einsatz der Führer Grenadier Brigade.

Is there a problem with Matrix v2.02 and op fire settings? Maybe with older scenarios?

Dave

PS: I was unable to replicate his problem, v2.02 and Windows 10.
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2016, 08:06 PM,
RE: Op Fire Problem
No, not that I know of. And it worked for you, right, the same scenario. Which OS version is he using?
Visit us at CSLegion.com
08-20-2016, 02:06 AM,
On a complete another note, I realised the " Scenario Uploads to dBASE" Important thread by Mike W. is now obsolete as well. You could unsticky that too, to save space for more discussion threads at the front page. Talking about the CS main forum page that is. Did not want to open another thread for this so thought you'd see this from here. Cheers.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
08-20-2016, 02:22 AM,
(08-20-2016, 02:06 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: On a complete another note, I realised the " Scenario Uploads to dBASE" Important thread by Mike W. is now obsolete as well. You could unsticky that too, to save space for more discussion threads at the front page.  Talking about the CS main forum page that is. Did not want to open another thread for this so thought you'd see this from here. Cheers.

Done.

(08-19-2016, 08:06 PM)Battle Kat Wrote: No, not that I know of. And it worked for you, right, the same scenario. Which OS version is he using?

Pretty sure Windows 10. I tested an op fire in the opening moves. I suspect he was talking about the panthers in later moves, but no big deal. I've read other posts where people are experiencing screwy things and thought I should report it, just in case it all adds up to an issue.

Thanks!
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
08-20-2016, 03:14 AM,
Regarding the Op fire issue: you said you were not able to repeat the thing. Did you try the same game turn where he had issues, or did you try it from a new?

Thanks for the forum clean up too!
Visit us at CSLegion.com
08-20-2016, 03:33 AM,
(08-20-2016, 03:14 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: Regarding the Op fire issue: you said you were not able to repeat the thing. Did you try the same game turn where he had issues, or did you try it from a new?

Thanks for the forum clean up too!

YW.  Smile

I tried if from a new game. I might be able to get an older turn from him, but knowing my brother, he might not want to be bothered. I'm seeing him this weekend. I'll see if I can get him to show me what happened if he still has an older turn.
Send this user an email
08-20-2016, 07:07 PM,
I recall VE or Dev reported something similar in their test game for the ne 48th Pz scenario. I got the files but could not replicate it then either. This might be something that is again very difficult to nail, as W10 continues to evolve as an OS with its constant updates. Heck, even the Win XP game save dialog went out of whack the other week due to an update.
Visit us at CSLegion.com