• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Actions you want see in PzB
08-17-2016, 01:47 AM,
RE: Actions you want see in PzB
Wait......

That cant be true....

These are from the Desert Game PzB 3, Vichy or Free French ?

No way...
Quote this message in a reply
08-17-2016, 01:51 AM,
Something different: Stalingrad. I love battles inside cities.
08-17-2016, 10:31 AM,
(08-17-2016, 01:47 AM)wiggum Wrote: Wait......

That cant be true....

No way...

I would say that these can't be from the Desert Game PB 3, since these vehicles never made it to North Africa Wink
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
08-17-2016, 10:16 PM,
(08-17-2016, 10:31 AM)Richie61 Wrote:
(08-17-2016, 01:47 AM)wiggum Wrote: Wait......

That cant be true....

No way...

I would say that these can't be from the Desert Game PB 3, since these vehicles never made it to North Africa Wink

I know but come on, a PzB game with a France 1940 setting thats just way too good to be true ! :)
08-17-2016, 11:38 PM,
I'm also tempted to ask for modern Post Warsaw Pact - sort of like the scope of Combat Mission Black Sea.

But that would be in the unnamed (Armor Battles?) title ?

I would very much like to see the Tiller system applied to ultra modern in some way however.

Is Modern Campaigns dead?

Would PB or Armor battles be the only chance for that in the not so distant future?
Send this user an email
08-18-2016, 08:03 PM,
Well, my idea behind thread was more in find "alone" actions that could be mixed with other to have the option in serie of see titles like Salerno... is not posible port ALL PzC material to PzB and well, are many specific scens in PzC that for me are perfect material for PzB scale and mixed with other actions could offer a very complete and fun title without the full work of a full title.

I think in scens i allways like for diferent reasons (even when full battle-campaign is attractive) that mixed with others can give us a diferent title style with diferent fronts, sides and tactical situations (you can have germans assaulting Crete and in the other pack of scens holding VS Red steamroller in 1944)

Poland in 1939 is one of the "missing" titles for PzC but for PzB i feel are better options like France40 that maybe is better offer as full title (and as bonus track offer the italian actions in the campaign).

Modern actions??? i prefer a lot more something like MC focused in WWIII in cold war era or historical titles like Middle east (in PzB scale a title wixing Gulf Wars could be fun, Iran-Irak+1991) but post cold war titles... i feel they cant offer the "number" of units that could offer cold war era period... even is possible release a title focuses in 3rd week or war with first line units heavy damage, with reserve units and a NBQ battlefield.

The France40 image set looks interesting maybe could be a future PzB or simple a teaser... maybe we soon can know more when some info about PzB3 start to be released... is fun see how close we are to have first year of PzB2 and if i dont remember bad we start with serious info about PzB2 a little over 1 year after PzB1 release.

PD: in the end any PzB title is going to be well received but as others said titles with some movement are wellcome... desert battles, Barbarrossa, France40...
08-19-2016, 07:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-19-2016, 07:25 PM by Strela.)
wiggum

I know but come on, a PzB game with a France 1940 setting thats just way too good to be true ! :)

Yep - way too good! Glad you like what you see...!

David
08-19-2016, 07:18 PM,
(08-17-2016, 11:38 PM)Don Czirr Wrote: I'm also tempted to ask for modern Post Warsaw Pact - sort of like the scope of Combat Mission Black Sea.

But that would be in the unnamed (Armor Battles?) title ?

I would very much like to see the Tiller system applied to ultra modern in some way however.

Is Modern Campaigns dead?

Would PB or Armor battles be the only chance for that in the not so distant future?

Don,

To the best of my knowledge, Ed Williams (FWWC) and the team I am part of are the only teams working on the derivatives of Panzer Campaigns.

I'm not aware of any Modern Campaigns work in progress but I have a pretty narrow view of the world.

David
08-19-2016, 07:24 PM,
(08-18-2016, 08:03 PM)Xaver Wrote: Well, my idea behind thread was more in find "alone" actions that could be mixed with other to have the option in serie of see titles like Salerno... is not posible port ALL PzC material to PzB and well, are many specific scens in PzC that for me are perfect material for PzB scale and mixed with other actions could offer a very complete and fun title without the full work of a full title.

I think in scens i allways like for diferent reasons (even when full battle-campaign is attractive) that mixed with others can give us a diferent title style with diferent fronts, sides and tactical situations (you can have germans assaulting Crete and in the other pack of scens holding VS Red steamroller in 1944)

Poland in 1939 is one of the "missing" titles for PzC but for PzB i feel are better options like France40 that maybe is better offer as full title (and as bonus track offer the italian actions in the campaign).

Modern actions??? i prefer a lot more something like MC focused in WWIII in cold war era or historical titles like Middle east (in PzB scale a title wixing Gulf Wars could be fun, Iran-Irak+1991) but post cold war titles... i feel they cant offer the "number" of units that could offer cold war era period... even is possible release a title focuses in 3rd week or war with first line units heavy damage, with reserve units and a NBQ battlefield.

The France40 image set looks interesting maybe could be a future PzB or simple a teaser... maybe we soon can know more when some info about PzB3 start to be released... is fun see how close we are to have first year of PzB2 and if i dont remember bad we start with serious info about PzB2 a little over 1 year after PzB1 release.

PD: in the end any PzB title is going to be well received but as others said titles with some movement are wellcome... desert battles, Barbarrossa, France40...

Xaver,

We have been giving all kinds of games consideration. As you mention the Panzer Battles scale lends itself well to a range of situations including 'alone' actions as well as single subject titles. We have a plan in that area and will hopefully share more on that very soon.

As far as titles with movement all I can say is expect a very different game with Panzer Battles 3. Early play testing is revealing some habits that have to be 'unlearned' from the original two games as well as some new design techniques that may be retrofitted to the earlier games.

The team could be busy forever with the number of things that are currently on the go...!

David
08-19-2016, 09:37 PM,
Nice, looks like summer recharge your energy reserves.

My interest in "franken titles" with actions from diferent fronts-campaigns-battles even periods is in the option to create "tematic" titles, for example i think in a "Death from above" with Crete, hypotetical assault over Malta in 41-42 (an interesting scen in El-Alamein but scale of PzC made it less interesting), from Smolensk use the what if use of fallschirmjager... other option is a "Red steamroller" with germans defending VS soviet assaults in diferent years (are good scens here in Budapest or Minsk), of course is possible mix diferent tactical situations to offer a "lets learn to play PzB" and in future maybe have a title in PzB that work as base title where you can expand it with DLCs that could be 1 action with variants, what ifs...

Ummm PzB3 is going to force play in diferent way... this smells to weak infantry VS armor that force mantein AT and tanks ready to move fast to block enemy armor... a bigger value for AT weapons.

If is desert i feel we are going to need play less defensive and more mobile because static units are easy prey for mobile enemy if you cant break the encirclement apart a new increase in the value of recon units and maybe a reduction of value of arty because could be easier to search and destroy it.

Well waiting info and thanks for it Helmet Wink