• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Explicit Supply Question
03-10-2014, 04:42 AM,
RE: Explicit Supply Question
(03-10-2014, 03:50 AM)tazaaron Wrote: I love explicit supply myself but when you get into bigger scenarios it just adds to much time to the turn with micro managing your supply lines.

Agreed, a very good rule but it indeed adds a lot of time it takes to plan and move units in the larger games.
Quote this message in a reply
07-30-2016, 02:33 AM,
Kind of an old thread, but I have another question about Explicit Supply so thought I'd put it here with the other questions on the topic: from the manual, under Explicit Supply it does not appear that it matters for supply purposes whether a unit is within command range of its HQ or not; all that matters is whether a unit is within supply range of a supply unit--is that correct?

One of the posts above says "of course keeping HQ in order is of paramount importance", but I'm not seeing that in the manual..
07-31-2016, 01:30 AM,
Wouldn't hurt my feelings if supply could be expanded to the point where trucks can load/unload supplies and go empty to reload in the rear.

Be able to break down and go to specific units for the resupply or create the dump and you decide who gets it. Do you want arty ammo or fuel for your tank unit? Two units and one supply point. Or even if supplies were further broken into fuel and ammo points separate even if the ammo was classified as three units, arty, tank, inf. You decide which units actually get the supply point by moving supply unit to the unit or within the supply range and select the unit for resupply.
07-31-2016, 05:11 PM,
I have another question about Explicit Supply: I'm messing around designing a scenario with Explicit Supply, and I've noticed that when I place the supply units in the scenario editor, they do not disapear from the OOB dialog like most other units--in other words, if I have one truck supply unit in the OOB and place it on the map, a truck supply unit remains in the OOB...can anyone explain why that is?
08-01-2016, 03:30 AM,
So that you don't have to create a supply unit in the OOB for each one that you add to the scenario. You create them one time for each type, and can then add them as many times as you need. They are added and used as separate units represented by the same one in the OOB.
[Image: exercise.png]
08-01-2016, 02:52 PM,
OK, thanks, it was not what I expected, but I see the logic. So it sounds like no need to put supply units within an organization's OOB--just include one of each type somewhere in the OOB and place on the map as needed?